KXNO Sports Fanatics

discydisc

Flag Designer Extraordinaire
Jan 14, 2014
Ames
The Grumpy Goat's prices have gotten stupid expensive. I get that everything has went up and rightfully so but the last time I was there I was floored with how expensive their food has gotten.
100% The wife and I went there in 2020 because they had a patio and even simple apps that were just fryer food were 15$, have not returned. Its a shame because their Ankeny building is a really cool space with multiple bars, patios and a rooftop, but their food is pretty generic and as mentioned, very expensive.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
Ross needs to stop having his "buddies" on. The show has quickly turned into his beer drinking social hour. That's something for doing on a Saturday afternoon in your garage or start a podcast with said buddies.

Admittedly I liked Ross more than I did Chris when they were together, but it has become clear quickly that Ross needs someone like Chris.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
This started long before CW left. 30-40% of the show is devoted to having advertisers on with them.
No kidding. I mean there's only so much you can discuss about beers.

Reactions: Acylum

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Ross wanted to discuss the Packers’ receiving corps today. Guess whose name never came up.

Did he want to discuss the Packers' receiving corps or people who the Packers should add to the receiving corps?

Otherwise it would be a pretty short conversation, even including Lazard.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I tuned into the morning show for the first time in many weeks only to hear them talking about the Eagles (band, not the team) and email/text communications. In my 20 minutes commute, I heard zero sports talk...which is essentially why I stopped listening to them in the first place.

And before the "its the summer" comments come - CFB realignment, Big 12 preseason polls, basketball recruiting, baseball could all be talked about on a 2-hour summer sports show in Iowa. At least Murph and Andy make their non-sports talk interesting and entertaining.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I tuned into the morning show for the first time in many weeks only to hear them talking about the Eagles (band, not the team) and email/text communications. In my 20 minutes commute, I heard zero sports talk...which is essentially why I stopped listening to them in the first place.

And before the "its the summer" comments come - CFB realignment, Big 12 preseason polls, basketball recruiting, baseball could all be talked about on a 2-hour summer sports show in Iowa. At least Murph and Andy make their non-sports talk interesting and entertaining.

You mean Travis wasn't drooling over the LIV tour? That's been his hot topic for weeks now and I'm tired of listening to him defend it.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston

They talked about realignment stuff for my whole 20 minute drive, and it looks like their twitter poll today was about ISU's place in the Big 12 preseason ranking so I'm sure they talked about that at some point. Think I've had my fill of their views on the realignment, though. Ross just comes across as a pompous ass who thinks he knows it all & is secretly hoping the Big 12 dies.

He was making fun of the big 12 for pushing the 'One True Champion' / every team plays every team mantra these past few years, because they got lucky it happened that way. Maybe so, but it doesn't diminish the fact that it is the best conference format out there today. Think I'm just going to start tuning out of KXNO when he's on.

Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
The Grumpy Goat's prices have gotten stupid expensive. I get that everything has went up and rightfully so but the last time I was there I was floored with how expensive their food has gotten.
My wife went grocery shopping yesterday and came home with brands I've never heard of and she said not only is everything expensive but she can't find the normal brands she usually gets.

clone136

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2006
Des Moines
You mean Travis wasn't drooling over the LIV tour? That's been his hot topic for weeks now and I'm tired of listening to him defend it.
The LIV tour is perfect for Travis so he can talk about non PC he is. Between him and the 5-0 segment I stopped listening a while ago.

I honestly hope Sean gets the afternoon gig so he can escape that show.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
They talked about realignment stuff for my whole 20 minute drive, and it looks like their twitter poll today was about ISU's place in the Big 12 preseason ranking so I'm sure they talked about that at some point. Think I've had my fill of their views on the realignment, though. Ross just comes across as a pompous ass who thinks he knows it all & is secretly hoping the Big 12 dies.

He was making fun of the big 12 for pushing the 'One True Champion' / every team plays every team mantra these past few years, because they got lucky it happened that way. Maybe so, but it doesn't diminish the fact that it is the best conference format out there today. Think I'm just going to start tuning out of KXNO when he's on.
Their poll was on ISU's preseason ranking but they spent about 90 seconds going around the room saying where they thought ISU finished. Then it turned into a 5-10 minute conversation on Texas getting Arch Manning.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Starts at about 16:00.

and ends when Derek called in at the 17:20 mark.

There was no discussion, it looks like he started to have a discussion when a caller took them in a different direction.

You are correct that they didn't mention Lazard in that minute 20 second conversation but they were specifically discussing a quote from Aaron Rodgers regarding his new receivers.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron