KXNO Sports Fanatics

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CycloneEggie

Oct 28, 2011
Last edited:
Reactions: MJ29

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Yeah, one of them (I think Ross) said he sees college football looking similar to the NFL, with the B1G & SEC being like the AFC/NFC. They'll have a playoff between the two, and the rest of us nobodies will be left out in our irrelevant league..

It's funny to me how he keeps saying "nobody really knows" over & over, but then he keeps coming back to that being how everything ends up. It's like he doesn't even consider the possibility of the Big 12/PAC/ACC teams forming a 3rd or 4th relevant conference.
Hawks seem convinced that the Big 10 is miles away the second best football conference. Take out THE Ohio State and what do they have?

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
  • Wow
Reactions: JP4CY

BigDH01

Oct 17, 2011
Hawks seem convinced that the Big 10 is miles away the second best football conference. Take out THE Ohio State and what do they have?
I do think the ratio of money to success in the Big 10 is a little underwhelming but the Big 10 does have some blue bloods that have seen success and are quite valuable. Looking at 2022 recruiting rankings they have 3 schools in the top 10: https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/

That's Penn St, Michigan, and Ohio State. Penn St and Michigan may not have won a NC in awhile but they are recruiting top talent.

• Agree
Reactions: SolarGarlic

Boxerdaddy

Oct 19, 2009
Beaverdale, IA
Did they announce yet who the new host will be? I really liked the format with CW and Ross, one being a Hawk and the other a Clone.

Has Blum applied? He'd do well.

Reactions: SC Cy

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Did they announce yet who the new host will be? I really liked the format with CW and Ross, one being a Hawk and the other a Clone.

I feel like Blum would make Ross sound stupid on a regular basis, he absolutely would be great on the show. That said, as much as they've had Ross & Sean together lately (in mornings and afternoons), I'm thinking they're going to go with him.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011

Blum stepped back from his once-a-week football radio gig to spend more time with his family. I don’t know why he’d take the headache and pay cut of a daily afternoon radio show.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I feel like Blum would make Ross sound stupid on a regular basis, he absolutely would be great on the show. That said, as much as they've had Ross & Sean together lately (in mornings and afternoons), I'm thinking they're going to go with him.
Stanz would also be good, and also expose Ross in the same way. I still think the best we can hope for is Emery.

• Agree
Reactions: Tailg8er

Boxerdaddy

Oct 19, 2009
Beaverdale, IA
I don't really like listening to Emory and Sean is meh. They're killing that slot if they don't have both ISU and Iowa in my totally unbiased ISU fan's opinion

Reactions: MJ29

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
Some of these hosts need to
get back to us when they know something,in my opinion.
I quit listening over a year ago to kxno. I know if I was selling my house, Peterson would be the the guy I would want, but I sure as hell would not buy one from him.