KXNO Sports Fanatics

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
That's one of the most cringey things I've ever heard. Who ever approved all those different ad spots he voiced at KXNO needs to be let go.
He's paying for it and they're cashing the checks.

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
I started listening to KXNO when Fanatics started, but they should honestly just rename Fanatics Hawk Talk from 3-6. Not having someone ready to fill the void left by Chris is turning out to be just really bad in my opinion. I have pretty much stopped listening completely unless it’s Murph and Andy. I will check in occasionally at 3-6 to see if they figured it out but it hasn’t seemed to happen yet.

Having 2 shows with hosts that are huge Hawkeye fans that will go full Hawk whenever they can and only toss ISU fans scraps when nothing else anywhere is popping is going to prove bad for business I think.

Even Murph and Andy can will get annoying when Downs gets his passive aggressive digs at ISU tossed in there since there is no pushback from the hosts.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
In full disclosure I don't see the anti-Cyclone bias some claim KXNO hosts have. I try to listen for it but just don't see it. With that in mind I see it a little with Sean. Not much, but with him running the board on Hawkeye Soundoff it seems to creep in a bit. I find him to be incredibly fair with ISU basketball (and he works with Drake basketball, so he brings that forward some which I enjoy). Overall, I don't mind Sean and I think he could do fine.

Classic abusee behavior.

Reactions: Acylum

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I started listening to KXNO when Fanatics started, but they should honestly just rename Fanatics Hawk Talk from 3-6. Not having someone ready to fill the void left by Chris is turning out to be just really bad in my opinion. I have pretty much stopped listening completely unless it’s Murph and Andy. I will check in occasionally at 3-6 to see if they figured it out but it hasn’t seemed to happen yet.

Having 2 shows with hosts that are huge Hawkeye fans that will go full Hawk whenever they can and only toss ISU fans scraps when nothing else anywhere is popping is going to prove bad for business I think.

Even Murph and Andy can will get annoying when Downs gets his passive aggressive digs at ISU tossed in there since there is no pushback from the hosts.
Went the whole week without any ISU- connected host IIRC. One day was Ross, Justis, and that Blank guy who constantly referred to the hoks as “we”. Also, yesterday no mention on either Murph and Andy or Fanatics about ISU landing a ~ top 100 basketball recruit. Iowa getting the Koch kid was a pretty big deal earlier though.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Emery back today. If Blum and Stanz aren’t possibilities, they just need to hire him. He seems to keep Ross’ BS to a minimum.

CloneJD

May 14, 2020
Did he say much on trying to get the Pac 12 schools? Guessing he can't say much about it.
Typical JP type stuff - things are dynamic, bullish on future, likes our position, doesn’t know anything specific about additions yet.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Emery back today. If Blum and Stanz aren’t possibilities, they just need to hire him. He seems to keep Ross’ BS to a minimum.
I really like Emery. He is smart.....knows about lots of sports ...knows his stuff and is confident in his delivery. Like he can back most opinions, even obscure ones, with stats to support his argument.

• Agree
Reactions: MJ29 and Acylum

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Great lovefest for Norte Dame and the B!G on KXNO today. Ross and Sean hit it out of the park... 1657198611861.png

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Great lovefest for Norte Dame and the B!G on KXNO today. Ross and Sean hit it out of the park... View attachment 100486

Yeah, one of them (I think Ross) said he sees college football looking similar to the NFL, with the B1G & SEC being like the AFC/NFC. They'll have a playoff between the two, and the rest of us nobodies will be left out in our irrelevant league..

It's funny to me how he keeps saying "nobody really knows" over & over, but then he keeps coming back to that being how everything ends up. It's like he doesn't even consider the possibility of the Big 12/PAC/ACC teams forming a 3rd or 4th relevant conference.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I should probably get to the Grumpy Goat sometime. The previous owner (I think he sold it) was a girlfriend beater. Very, very well know that he acted like that, so as soon as we found out we said we wouldn't support him.
The Grumpy Goat's prices have gotten stupid expensive. I get that everything has went up and rightfully so but the last time I was there I was floored with how expensive their food has gotten.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Yeah, one of them (I think Ross) said he sees college football looking similar to the NFL, with the B1G & SEC being like the AFC/NFC. They'll have a playoff between the two, and the rest of us nobodies will be left out in our irrelevant league..

It's funny to me how he keeps saying "nobody really knows" over & over, but then he keeps coming back to that being how everything ends up. It's like he doesn't even consider the possibility of the Big 12/PAC/ACC teams forming a 3rd or 4th relevant conference.
Hoks gonna hok.