KXNO Morning show

khaal53

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Yeah, Maly tomorrow. Hopefully he get's Fennelly as a guest...

clonecard

Oct 21, 2006
Chris Williams is perfect for the job & Ricci Silvestrini is a close second. Hopefully Silvestrini wants it.

soccercy

Apr 20, 2006
Chris Williams is perfect for the job & Ricci Silvestrini is a close second. Hopefully Silvestrini wants it.

Sounds like they are going down the list of Hawk shills, Dwight, Hansen, Van Coleman, but nothing could be worse than Maly. If he is the choice I won't listen to KXNO period, I'm not one to come on here and say that after each show, if they pick a guy with a published agenda against ISU I won't listen again

cjb1978

Apr 9, 2010
Des Moines, IA
What is needed a is a trio made a diehard ISU fan, a diehard Iowa Fan, and a person in the middle to ground them both. Also having a knowledge of sports outside of Iowa would help.

Senolcyc

Apr 20, 2010
Sounds like they are going down the list of Hawk shills, Dwight, Hansen, Van Coleman, but nothing could be worse than Maly. If he is the choice I won't listen to KXNO period, I'm not one to come on here and say that after each show, if they pick a guy with a published agenda against ISU I won't listen again

Looks to me like they are going to trot out some truly pathetic candidates (Maly) so the just regular pathetic one they choose looks good by comparison. I'd say prepare for Bob Hansen and Tim Dwight. Hansen needs the money and Dwight doesn't so they'll both be willing to do it for whatever miniscule wage KXNO is paying.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Hernandez won't cut it as a drive time radio show for a half million person area. Coleman was better yesterday.

IAPrepGuy

Apr 30, 2010
Waukee
Yeah, Maly tomorrow. Hopefully he get's Fennelly as a guest...

Not that would make for an interesting morning! In reality I bet Fennelly would join him for a few minutes because he's a stand up guy. Not sure if Maly can handle the job on a full time basis.

Joe Quinn on Thursday - he should be pretty good.

Anyone know who's on Friday? I heard Monday's show is going to be top notch.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Looks to me like they are going to trot out some truly pathetic candidates (Maly) so the just regular pathetic one they choose looks good by comparison. I'd say prepare for Bob Hansen and Tim Dwight. Hansen needs the money and Dwight doesn't so they'll both be willing to do it for whatever miniscule wage KXNO is paying.

Errr, so one does it for money, the other does it because he has money.. Weird logic.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Out of curiosity, anyone have any idea what a job like this pays?

radio generally doesn't pay very well.

I remember when Deace had his falling out with the Jock, he announced what he was making on the air and he said it equated to something like 8 bucks an hour. Now, that might mean that he worked a ton of hours but was salaried, or it might mean that he was paid a poor hourly rate, but either way local sports radio is not going to make you rich.

IAPrepGuy

Apr 30, 2010
Waukee
What is needed a is a trio made a diehard ISU fan, a diehard Iowa Fan, and a person in the middle to ground them both. Also having a knowledge of sports outside of Iowa would help.

I like the thought....can a three man team make it work without drowning one of them out?

cjb1978

Apr 9, 2010
Des Moines, IA
I like the thought....can a three man team make it work without drowning one of them out?

I think it could, you make it 70% dependent on guests, as someone pointed out most coaches etc are early birds. The remaining 30% is caller supported or other material driven.

It is a win win using that combo, why not give three people that are passionate about sports and not some over the hill retired athletics that should have made better choices with their money a chance?

This show should be about the common person, the kid in all of us that rode the bench during high school. The kid that showed up to every practice, worked three times as hard as the star athletic on the team just to be shown the bench for their effort? The hosts should be that guy/girl, who you want to get a beer with to here their opinion that is based on facts and not just personal gain. The person you ask for fantasy football advice but they admit they are not a professional but are willing to go ask that question to the "professional" to get you that bit of advice that will get you that weekly victory over your office buddies for your miserable existence of a life. To let you be the shining star for that one nano second in the great cosmos.

This is our chance for the common person to be represented in the radio environment, a show that is for the people and by the people! The only remaining question is are the people of Iowa willing to give this type of show a chance to succeed where more "professional" shows with "professional" broadcasters failed?

Plus it might help if they were to add a hot chick to the team as well for that eye candy angle, it worked for Erin Andrews didn't it?