KU this week

Landshark

Jan 23, 2007
Ankeny, IA
There are some real Debby-downers on here. We're 3-2. We aren't terrible. There is A LOT of season left. Let these guys play the game, THEN complain. To throw the team and players under the bus even before the game is even played is bush league at it's finest. My God.

I'm only complaining about this game coming up, I've been doing this ISU thing for 28 years and this weekend won't be pretty. Saying that, I still think we can go 6-6 if and only if ARob is healthy.

We HAVE to beat CU, Baylor and A&M though.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Truth, BUT I'm not on here saying that we have no chance and that we're going to get beat by 100 points. What I said was the truth. Is it not? Also, I am talking about this week's game, not the KSU game. Why is it that you are always trying to call people out? That **** is annoying.

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
We need to get pressure on their quarterback or no chances.

If we can pass better, we've got a chance.

I like the way this setting up in Kansas may be a little over confident and we have a chip on our shoulder after last week.

Worked last year until the third quarter

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Truth, BUT I'm not on here saying that we have no chance and that we're going to get beat by 100 points. What I said was the truth. Is it not? Also, I am talking about this week's game, not the KSU game. Why is it that you are always trying to call people out? That **** is annoying.

Crazy.

No one said we'd get beat by 100 - yet it's completely rational to think we don't have much of a chance to win.

You asked for opinions, you got them...period. Didn't want to hear the realistic not-so-good opinions? Don't ask.

Highly ironic that you'd complain I'm calling you out, moments after you call a bunch of others out for giving you exactly what you asked for.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Crazy.

No one said we'd get beat by 100 - yet it's completely rational to think we don't have much of a chance to win.

You asked for opinions, you got them...period. Didn't want to hear the realistic not-so-good opinions? Don't ask.

Highly ironic that you'd complain I'm calling you out, moments after you call a bunch of others out for giving you exactly what you asked for.

I'm not going to go back and forth with you. I know what I said and so did everyone else. That's all that matters.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
I have no idea what to expect out of this game. I've seen games where we really seemed to have no chance, and somehow we pull a rabbit out of our hats and hang with them or even beat them. Doesn't happen often, but this seems to be an opportunity for a game like that.

Having said that, I think we'll lose... 35-17. (I don't think ARob will be 100%). A 100% ARob will be our only hope for an upset of any kind. (Unless Arnaud goes ape*$&# for 400+...)

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I see us losing by 17+ but I think the defense will do alright. I see us scoring 10 points or less unfortunately and the defense being put in bad spots all night because of field position.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
There are some real Debby-downers on here. We're 3-2. We aren't terrible. There is A LOT of season left. Let these guys play the game, THEN complain. To throw the team and players under the bus even before the game is even played is bush league at it's finest. My God.

Sorry but I stand by my prediction that we get clubbed. Reesing is a terrible matchup for us. Our greatest weakness as a team IMO is our front 4's inability to get a consistent pass rush. When we do have someone in the backfield (usually Lyle) we seem to whiff on the QB more often than most teams. Reesing is slimy enough that he avoids GOOD pass rushers with ease.

It's just a bad combination for us.

Edit* I want to be clear though that I've been overall very pleased with the play of the defense this season and that includes the front four. The offense hasnt done them any favors but the fact remains that way too often the opposing team's QB gets away from what should be sure sacks.

Longhorns3131

Oct 22, 2008
Isn't this the same KU team that ISU was by 20 last year. and then of course pissin the game away. It can happen, i'm hoping for an upset, after all the smack talking I heard from all the KU fans Saturday.

NewCoke

Jan 20, 2009
Hi guys, I mostly lurk over here but thought I would pop back up to say I will be wearing Gold in the fourth row or so of the KU student section on Saturday. If ISU can win this one it would go a great length to making us have a chance at bowl eligibility. That said, after having watched all of KU's games this season and 3 of 5 ISU games this season, I do not like ISU's chances.

If Sharp is back (which he probably will be) for KU look out. KU's offense has looked out of sync since he got injured. Mostly because Opurum, who is great running, has yet to develop blocking skills. This makes Todd's esacapability more critical. Any if Sharp is out ISU has a slim chance. If Sharp is back, I really don't' think it will end well. Regardless I will be in the front of the Student Section dutifully cheering every Cyclone First Down!

P.S. Anybody know if the band is coming, because KU's sucks and I could use a real Varsity Marching Band during halftime.

Edit: to add while I am not wearing ISU gear today I will be wearing it around campus on Wed. Thurs. and Fri. Oh and I work in the building where the football players eat, so there is a good chance they will see it.

bauerzac

Aug 2, 2006
I think the following are absolute musts this weekend if we are going to have a shot in the game:

1) Limit turnovers--In a perfect world I would like to zero turnovers but I have come to grips with the fact that AA is going to fumble the ball at some point on Sat.

2) WR's and QB need to be more precise and on the same page. The spread is premised on the idea of picking up 3rd and shorts (3 or 4) and in order to do this efficiently the WR's need to run better routes and AA needs to be more accurate.

3) ISU needs to attack the middle of the field (KU's LB's) with the passing game. It would be great to see a couple of passes over the middle this week to a WR.

4) Defense needs to calculate the times they go after Reesing and I like the way they have used Benton in that respect. Very similar to the way Oklahoma shut down Senaca by bringing pressure off the corner with the safeties and CB's.

Let's not kid ourselves it will take a near perfect game to stay with Kansas but I think these kids are resilent. Certainly more resilent then their fans.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Isn't this the same KU team that ISU was by 20 last year. and then of course pissin the game away. It can happen, i'm hoping for an upset, after all the smack talking I heard from all the KU fans Saturday.

I'm glad you posted this but could you expound on this point, where do our matchups improve?

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines
Let's not kid ourselves it will take a near perfect game to stay with Kansas but I think these kids are resilent. Certainly more resilent then their fans.

Hahaha!! That's a good one. You question the resiliency of Clone fans. ha! Thanks for the chuckle.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Here is my prediction. Us by 4. Te' ron Benton is player of the game as he owns Todd Reesing. I think that is our best shot to stop them is by bringing the heat with him A LOT.

I know I will get blasted for this post but I am a Cyclone fan and what kind of fan predicts a loss?

SaxaCLONE13

Nov 6, 2007
Why is everyone saying without Arob? I thought he was gonna play this weekend? Did I miss something?

SaxaCLONE13

Nov 6, 2007
Here is my prediction. Us by 4. Te' ron Benton is player of the game as he owns Todd Reesing. I think that is our best shot to stop them is by bringing the heat with him A LOT.

I know I will get blasted for this post but I am a Cyclone fan and what kind of fan predicts a loss?

Your not gonna get any bashing here! I like it!:yes:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron