KU this week

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
My gut tells me it will not happen but nothing would make me happier than for the Clones to knock off the Gayhawks in their own house. ISU would be very easy for KU to overlook. If the Clones can get out to an early lead, who knows...

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
If we keep it under 35pts.....I will be shocked. KU is primed for a break-out game......and of course it will be against us. We have no chance in this game without ARob as well.

Go Clones though!

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
I smell a blowout too; and I smell a Hawkeye win. A double whammy this weekend.

I can't believe anyone would worry about attendance for Baylor of all things. Who cares? I would much rather see a win and 10k in the stands than a loss and 50k in the stands. ISU; especially under Macarney is a bunch of wimps. Go out and win boys! Remember when Maccareny was coach half the team would stand on the sidelines waving around those stupid towels. Man; they were so worried about the crowd no wonder they lost so many games.

Longhorns3131

Oct 22, 2008
I was in Lawrence this weekend after the KSU game. All I heard from the KU fans is how bad there going to beat us and how we have no chance. * Also on another note, Lawrence's nightlife is kind of weak compared to Ames, there is probably more coffee shops then bars.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I was in Lawrence this weekend after the KSU game. All I heard from the KU fans is how bad there going to beat us and how we have no chance. * Also on another note, Lawrence's nightlife is kind of weak compared to Ames, there is probably more coffee shops then bars.

KU fans think their **** doesn't stink? No way!! :wink:

vortec22

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2009
Grinnell, IA
I guess I am just an optimist, I never say we can't win. I have seen quite a few games where we shouldn't have been in the game, but stayed close and even won. Stay positive folks, and cheer loud. Stranger things have happened! Go Clones!:yes:

cyman1189

Aug 11, 2008
Akron, OH
My gut tells me it will not happen but nothing would make me happier than for the Clones to knock off the Gayhawks in their own house. ISU would be very easy for KU to overlook. If the Clones can get out to an early lead, who knows...

looking back to last year... early leads dont make anything for sure with the clones. 21-0 at half? we lose 21-28.

how bout get out to a late lead?:jimlad:

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
Stranger things have happened! Go Clones!:yes:

I love the enthusiasm, and yes, stranger things have happened. But the good kind of strange things rarely happen for ISU. However, every bad kind of strange thing -- including some I didn't know were even possible -- have happened, are happening, and will continue to happen to ISU.

DRCHIRO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 13, 2008
We have the ability to play with them. Last year we kicked there arss for a half only to get our's kicked a little more in the second half.

Reesing scares the crap out of me and I just want him to graduate.

We NEED to blitz all day and then some.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
My Spock side says ISU loses by 3-4 (maybe more) TDs.

My homer fan side says that if somehow this week ISU can turn on the switch in the passing game, they can hang close and maybe pull a huge upset.

Unfortunately when it comes to ISU football, Spock is usually right...

DRCHIRO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 13, 2008
Umm yeah and then watch Kerry Meier light us up for 150 yards receiving!? :dull:

Or rush 4, give Reesing 7 seconds to throw the ball, and get lit up for about 250.

If you watched the game, you saw what happened when we only came with 4.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Or rush 4, give Reesing 7 seconds to throw the ball, and get lit up for about 250.

If you watched the game, you saw what happened when we only came with 4.

I know, I was being half serious - we are screwed either way.:wink:

DRCHIRO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 13, 2008
I know, I was being half serious - we are screwed either way.:wink:
Yeah and it sucks.

One thing we know for sure is our front 4 gets absolutley no pressure by themselves.

Reesing is slimy enough to get away and torch us but I would rather see some pressure than letting him sit there all day and torch us.

Landshark

Jan 23, 2007
Ankeny, IA
This KU team will manhandle us. We have ZERO chance of winning this game.

We're looking at a 52-10 beat down imho. A good weekend to get some yard work done.

I think the coaching staff is poo-poing ARob's groin, this will bother him all season. I think he should sit next week out.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
There are some real Debby-downers on here. We're 3-2. We aren't terrible. There is A LOT of season left. Let these guys play the game, THEN complain. To throw the team and players under the bus even before the game is even played is bush league at it's finest. My God.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
There are some real Debby-downers on here. We're 3-2. We aren't terrible. There is A LOT of season left. Let these guys play the game, THEN complain. To throw the team and players under the bus even before the game is even played is bush league at it's finest. My God.

But you said this in your original post....

IMO, without ARob, we are in deep doo-doo. He's our offense. Our QB and receivers (for the most part) aren't doing their jobs.

:wideeyed:

So you ask for opinions, give your own which is unfavorable and then call out others for being critical of the team?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron