KU Game thread

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I'm not sure why everyone expected Iowa State to get blown out? The last five years, the cyclones have always played great at The Phog. Not to mention that ISU played great earlier this year against Kansas.

I didn't expect us to get blown out just as I didn't expect us not to.

I hoped we could play better than this yet knew it was entirely possible.

As for past years, we've had some pretty good guards to carry us in to KU and endure their good teams and tough environment.

We don't have that today.

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames
When there is a complete talent mismatch, it can appear that the losing end isn't trying. I can tell the difference and this team isn't quiting.

Perhaps quitting was a strong term. not reaching down to find a little bit extra, maybe?

This half is being played much better than the last half. They are playing with a little more respect for themselves. Maybe Kansas isn't playing quite so hard, but I know we are putting forth a little more effort, too.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Is there a ten run rule? Thank god, a timeout. They cannot score. Hey the reason we are losing this bad is that no one can get away and make a shot. Is this the poorest shooting clone team since 1989? Curtis would have been driving the ball to score.

cyclone14

Jan 2, 2007
I didn't expect us to get blown out just as I didn't expect us not to.

I hoped we could play better than this yet knew it was entirely possible.

As for past years, we've had some pretty good guards to carry us in to KU and endure their good teams and tough environment.

We don't have that today.
huh?
So you did or didn't expect us to get blown out

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
When there is a complete talent mismatch, it can appear that the losing end isn't trying. I can tell the difference and this team isn't quiting.

Furthermore, if we had a team with quit in them, do you think we would've won Wednesday? Or how about when we made a late run on Texas?

This is reality folks. KU is a very, very good team. I think they could be the best in the country - the way they're playing right now. We're far from that level at this point.

Agreed. I think anyone who thinks they aren't trying are really being ignorant. Who here honestly thinks that our guys don't care that they're down by 38?

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I had no idea to expect - I knew both we're possible.

Maybe that's not an easy concept to grasp.....

It's very easy to sit behind your keyboard and accuse players for not trying when they're getting hammered by the #6 team in the nation, on the road. Real easy.

It's silly this conversation is even happening. I swear, some people just can't accept the fact we're not a good team and the nation is filled with better basketball teams right now. We knew it would be like this going into the year - yet when we actually endure it...well...this happens.

I'm all for being critical...yet don't like to see our fan base acting irrational.

Last edited:

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
If Self doesn't put the reserves in soon, any ounce of class he might have had is gone......

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
We couldn't score 40 points running the pregame layup drill for 10 minutes so suffice to say this one's over.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
It's our job to stop KU...not theirs.

I do expect them to sub soon yet I don't expect them to just shut down. They're getting ready for a deep post-season bid...

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames
Kansas doesn't have to stop playing their game, just because they are up this far. I don't think they are running up the score, they are just playing like they have all game. In fact, I believe they have let up on us, in the 2nd half.