KU Game Roll Call - 11/3/2018

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Alright folks I am putting the final touches on my itinerary, just looking for a couple of recommendations. First time in Lawrence.

Friday night dinner in KC. Looking for something unique or slightly upscale but not over the top fine dining.
Saturday morning, is it worth is to check out The Wheel or will it be hell trying to fight the crowd and actually get a decent breakfast in?
Tailgate park at houses vs the lots. I want to get a good feel for the town/college if that makes a difference
Following the game, drive right back to KC and enjoy downtown or hang out a bit in Lawrence before we make our way?
Please and thank you.
Q39 for dinner in KC.

IAC1858

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 1, 2008
Ankeny, IA
Alright folks I am putting the final touches on my itinerary, just looking for a couple of recommendations. First time in Lawrence.

Friday night dinner in KC. Looking for something unique or slightly upscale but not over the top fine dining.
Saturday morning, is it worth is to check out The Wheel or will it be hell trying to fight the crowd and actually get a decent breakfast in?
Tailgate park at houses vs the lots. I want to get a good feel for the town/college if that makes a difference
Following the game, drive right back to KC and enjoy downtown or hang out a bit in Lawrence before we make our way?
Please and thank you.

Jack Stack Barbeque: Freight House is a good place to eat in KC. It is near Union Station.

jmkc12

Apr 27, 2017

Please and thank you.

New place in KC called Parlor just opened. It's a restaurant hall with several food options with two bars in it that might be worth checking out.

Reactions: ForbinsAscynt

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
New place in KC called Parlor just opened. It's a restaurant hall with several food options with two bars in it that might be worth checking out.
Looks like a much more upscale Seventh St Truck Park in St Paul.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Parlor is right up our alley, thanks for sharing! We went to a similar place in Atlanta called krog st market a few months back.

Reactions: jmkc12

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Q39 has the best BBQ in Kansas City right now. Char Bar is also good too.

CubsClones1

Nov 12, 2012
Prairie City

Please and thank you.
When I'm in KC I'm in BBQ mode and my go to is always https://www.jackstackbbq.com/ They're slightly upscale from your traditional BBQ restaurant.
The Wheel is what I'm hoping to make when rolling into town Saturday morning and then we're planning on hitting a lot around Allen Fieldhouse and then taking the $1 shuttle over to the game. There's a couple lots around The Fog that people tailgate in.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
This is the info I am looking for! Keep the tailgate tips coming. We are pretty dead set about staying in KC after the game so if there is a meet-up at P&L after let us know.

I also bought sec 22, cant wait to see a sea of red

Also in 22, row 3. Should be fun, but will be a long day with all the driving.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Q39 is really popular here. They take reservations, which may be a good idea if you want to try it on Friday or Saturday night.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
How much does it cost to park at Allen Field House? I was hoping I could find parking off the street somewhere in a nearby neighborhood, but it sounds like that may not be an option.

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
Y'all sleeping on Joe's. Q39 is good for brisket, but Joe's KC (formerly Oklahoma Joe's) is great for pulled pork and ribs. Plus those fries are the best in KC and you get pounds of them.

Reactions: The_Architect

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
How much does it cost to park at Allen Field House? I was hoping I could find parking off the street somewhere in a nearby neighborhood, but it sounds like that may not be an option.

Fairly sure you can. I've done it before for basketball games. Plenty of side street parking near AFH.