Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
What do you have to say about staff members not coming prepared to these meeting, and either having someone else answer for them or not answer “because they are white”?
IDK, what about the other members that did not show that were not staffed? On a committee that has had every request met? That is now going to be disbanded to form another one?

• Dumb
Reactions: aauummm

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Yes they did, up to June 2020. Since then they have had the least amount of transfers from AA players in the big ten and less than ISU has had. They have also had top 30 recruiting classes. So again, why is this all considered news?
Yes or no: Did the report also discover there was a culture of bullying and retribution for speaking up?

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017

I could’ve chose the article articles from other publications but went with this one. I could link another if you’d like though.
LOL, that article is not accurate and has been deemed that by Kirk himself to a letter to parents.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
IDK, what about the other members that did not show that were not staffed? On a committee that has had every request met? That is now going to be disbanded to form another one?
So here I’ll flip that on you. If the committee was going extremely well, as you and Porter said, why would Kirk blow it up to start a new one? And why would Kirk have to think about how the next one is going to be constructed? Hmmm

CydeofFries

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 10, 2017
Harty didn't write the original article so why does he keep getting brought up? John Steppe and Vanessa Miller did. Also included in the article is a statement from a spokesperson if Kirk Ferentz that said the decision on the status of the committee wasn't made due to Porter's comments. So it was necessary enough to give a statement but not important enough say the committee wasn't actually dissolved?

Oh Harty wrote a follow-up piece for HawkFanatic, in which he says Iowa declined to comment. Also the Iowa Sports Information Director declined to come on the radio show sharing these types of private discussions would not be the thing to do. So 4 times someone(Including Lomax on Twitter) had the chance to say "no the story was wrong, the committee didn't dissolve" and nobody did.

So either the story was wrong from the start and Iowa wanted the gazette to get dragged through the mud by not correcting the story (not a good look), or this "leaked" email took a day and a half to come up with to save kirk's mistake.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
So here I’ll flip that on you. If the committee was going extremely well, as you and Porter said, why would Kirk blow it up to start a new one? And why would Kirk have to think about how the next one is going to be constructed? Hmmm
He wants to reach more current players on the team. He also does not want to be told to leave or be fired after doing everything and meeting everything that a committee says.

aauummm

May is National Walking Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
How in the hell don't some of you have these obvious trolls blocked?
They're going on my ignore right now. The only reason I can see for the mods not to ban them is that they generate clicks that make more money for CycloneFanatic!

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Yes, and has been addressed since then by the committee lol
So why would I believe players and players parents who A. Didn't speak up on the wrong they were seeing in the program and B. Are still on the team? Don't you think they fear retribution too? Why would I take a white football players word over the experiences of black football players?

Do you think the man that led a racist program run for 20 years all of a sudden changed the whole culture in a matter of 18 months despite keeping some of the main perpetrators? Do you think JoePa should have kept his job?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
You are doing the same thing bud, you just want Iowa to fall on the sword. Are you Porter?
Yes known Cyclone fan Porter. I’ve been a double agent for years and was so happy I was appointed to help fix Kirk’s discriminatory culture because I knew I’d then have power to suggest he’d be fired.

Reactions: aauummm

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Harty didn't write the original article so why does he keep getting brought up? John Steppe and Vanessa Miller did. Also included in the article is a statement from a spokesperson if Kirk Ferentz that said the decision on the status of the committee wasn't made due to Porter's comments. So it was necessary enough to give a statement but not important enough say the committee wasn't actually dissolved?

Oh Harty wrote a follow-up piece for HawkFanatic, in which he says Iowa declined to comment. Also the Iowa Sports Information Director declined to come on the radio show sharing these types of private discussions would not be the thing to do. So 4 times someone(Including Lomax on Twitter) had the chance to say "no the story was wrong, the committee didn't dissolve" and nobody did.

So either the story was wrong from the start and Iowa wanted the gazette to get dragged through the mud by not correcting the story (not a good look), or this "leaked" email took a day and a half to come up with to save kirk's mistake.
Lomax said the committee did not have the views that were shared......The mistake was by the reports taking one persons word as a whole groups opinion.

• Winner
Reactions: 7Got6

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
So why would I believe players and players parents who A. Didn't speak up on the wrong they were seeing in the program and B. Are still on the team? Don't you think they fear retribution too? Why would I take a white football players word over the experiences of black football players?

Do you think the man that led a racist program run for 20 years all of a sudden changed the whole culture in a matter of 18 months despite keeping some of the main perpetrators? Do you think JoePa should have kept his job?
Did you just compare JoPa to Kirk? lol

• Dumb
Reactions: irish

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
He wants to reach more current players on the team. He also does not want to be told to leave or be fired after doing everything and meeting everything that a committee says.
Isn’t this sort of how the investigation went? Hire an independent to come in, ends up making suggestions (one of them was to fire Brian and suspend Kirk btw)? Kirk’s gonna ensure he puts someone at the helm who wouldn’t dare go against him. Say, an 18-21 year old who’s playing time and overall life is completely affected by Kirk?

Status
Not open for further replies.