Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
No, they have teams and fan bases that want them to fail so they can become more relevant than them.

Heck I love all this. Former player who Kirk hand picks to chair a committee calls for Kirk's and Barta's head. Kirk disbands the group without telling any reason why. A news outlet which has been very friendly towards U of I athletics in the past runs a story about the group being disbanded. Kirk, who now wants to talk about the disbandment says it was all part of the plan because the current members wanted off and he wanted to bring in other people with fresh ideas Iowa fans rip on the news outlet for their "one-sided" biased coverage.

You can't write a soap opera series with this much drama and craziness

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Heck I love all this. Former player who Kirk hand picks to chair a committee calls for Kirk's and Barta's head. Kirk disbands the group without telling any reason why. A news outlet which has been very friendly towards U of I athletics in the past runs a story about the group being disbanded. Kirk, who now wants to talk about the disbandment says it was all part of the plan because the current members wanted off and he wanted to bring in other people with fresh ideas Iowa fans rip on the news outlet for their "one-sided" biased coverage.

You can't write a soap opera series with this much drama and craziness
The silly thing is, there is no drama here, just what Cyclone fans deem drama. You guys are good at that though. That piece literally leaves out context from the original email and you all lap it up. Why would a committee head say the committee suggestions have all been met, then when the head calls for the jobs of Kirk and Barta it is disbanded..... are you really not getting this or just wanting Iowa to fail so ISU can slide into its spot. Obviously it has not worked any other way.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
No, you need meds because you were challenged on only supporting a biased side and spiraled downward into typical tropes like "rent free".
This is wrong. I went with the side that reported the whole email and story. Not one from just a disgruntled former committee chair.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
This is wrong. I went with the side that reported the whole email and story. Not one from just a disgruntled former committee chair.
And if you read my original post that you replied to, I never mentioned it was this singular issue. It was generalization as a whole of how Iowa's fan base wants their news.

Yes or no: Did the independent commission find racial biases within the Iowa Football team?

Reactions: aauummm

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
And if you read my original post that you replied to, I never mentioned it was this singular issue. It was generalization as a whole of how Iowa's fan base wants their news.

Yes or no: Did the independent commission find racial biases within the Iowa Football team?
Yes they did, up to June 2020. Since then they have had the least amount of transfers from AA players in the big ten and less than ISU has had. They have also had top 30 recruiting classes. So again, why is this all considered news?

• Informative
Reactions: 7Got6

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Lol, with the information you have now, from current players (Jacobs) to former players (Ed. Miles) to former committee members (Lomax), to former parents (koerner) to current parents (Britt). How do you say this? None of them are coming out and saying this is terrible and should not be happening. Keep reaching though.
You forgot to mention former players Jonathan Parker, Marcel Joly, Aaron Mends, Maurice Fleming, Reggie Spearman, Kevonte Martin-Manley, Darian Cooper, Laron Taylor, Brandon SImon, Javon Foy, Andre Harris, Terrence Harris and Akrum Wadley. Don't forget to listen to them.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Hardy is mad he is not the head beat writer for the University and is playing victim.

Why has no one commented on Porter saying the committee did see everything they suggested used and saw it going in the right direction. Then he calls the Iowa football players a bunch of idiots at the same time. He suggested in a meeting that Kirk leave because no progress is being made? But he says it is? Then he doesnt. You guys really need to fact check this piece.
Porter said that the although the program was moving in the right direction, the core of the issues couldn’t be fixed without the removal of Kirk and Barta. Small things could change but there were still big picture issues that he saw.

Now, as reported there were some that agreed and some that disagreed. I’m not here to argue whether Kirk should be fired because frankly that ship has sailed. Kirk will never be fired no matter what he does. I take more issue with how Barta handled this committee and allowed Kirk to have executive power. But then again that wouldn’t matter because Barta would never be allowed by Kirk to oversee him.

There’s a horrible balance of power issue right now that you guys fail to see or just don’t care about.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
No, they have teams and fan bases that want them to fail so they can become more relevant than them.
Gonna be hard to become more relevant than Iowa because every 6 months they’re on the front page of most sports websites with another article updating the nation on how well their racial issues are going.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
You forgot to mention former players Jonathan Parker, Marcel Joly, Aaron Mends, Maurice Fleming, Reggie Spearman, Kevonte Martin-Manley, Darian Cooper, Laron Taylor, Brandon SImon, Javon Foy, Andre Harris, Terrence Harris and Akrum Wadley. Don't forget to listen to them.
No, I did not forget them, everyone else does forget the players I mentioned.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Gonna be hard to become more relevant than Iowa because every 6 months they’re on the front page of most sports websites with another article updating the nation on how well their racial issues are going.
Even if those articles are incorrect.

• Dumb

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yes, everything is reverting back to June 2020. Now find current issues in the program.

I could’ve chose the article articles from other publications but went with this one. I could link another if you’d like though.

• Dumb
Reactions: 7Got6
Status
Not open for further replies.