Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
You can be assured the Board of Regents has been having lots of conversations about this mess for some time. Iowa's president announced his "retirement" a few weeks ago and I'm confident this scandal (along with the university's budget fiasco) had something to do with that.

You don't mess with Title IX. A day of reckoning will happen soon. With the president out the door, Barta, KF, and BF are totally exposed and they will be on their way out.

The only question is how long the Board of Regents will allow this scandal to churn. Will they try to minimize the damage by ripping the band-aid off fast and clean house in the next week or two, or will they allow this to play out in the media for a while longer?

Either way, I'm afraid Barta, KF, and BF won't be employed at Iowa much longer.

kcbob79clone

I hope they follow through and file suit. That will lead to discovery and we may actually get to hear from Doyle, etc. A lot of people have remained silent the past several months and I'd actually like to hear from more.

As @Rabbuk said earlier, discovery is going to be interesting and something @uiowa does not want

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I hope they follow through and file suit. That will lead to discovery and we may actually get to hear from Doyle, etc. A lot of people have remained silent the past several months and I'd actually like to hear from more.

My guess is that they already have enough in their arsenal to blow multiple holes into Iowa's little "independent" review.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Unfortunately for EIU, this will be a topic that needs to be addressed by the announcers each game the Hoks play. B1G kicks off this weekend baby.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Unfortunately for EIU, this will be a topic that needs to be addressed by the announcers each game the Hoks play. B1G kicks off this weekend baby.
Is their game televised? If so, what network. B10 network will saying nothing.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Statement like this always make me laugh: #currentplayersseemhappynow

This is not unique to Iowa but current players almost always stick up for their coaching staff no matter what. Think about it They are a bunch of 18-21 year old kids who are trying to get and stay in the staff's good graces. Plus, most of them have never been inside other programs so they tend to think their school is the norm or in most cases "better".

I'll always put more weight on ex-player's opinions versus current players. And in this case it sounds like if you criticize the coaching staff while you are a player you might as well hand in your transfer papers at the same time.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Is their game televised? If so, what network. B10 network will saying nothing.
I doubt if they will say nothing but they will probably gloss over the actual problem and spend time talking about how great it is that Ferentz has become the national leader in facing and solving the problem.

<puke emoji>

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclone06
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron