Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Iowa has already admitted to wrong doing on two counts during this entire process. They admitted to being in the wrong given that they kept on a S&C coach who had been, at the very best, verbally abusive and at worst, verbally abusive towards black players.

Iowa's second wrongdoing came when the investigation found issues with a few other coaches NOT named Chris Doyle, and not doing anything about it. They kept on Wallace and little Ferentz and who knows what their punishments were or if there even were any.

Iowa's also had their head coach play stupid this entire time claiming he didn't know about any of these problems within his program, while the University contradicted him in saying they've actually heard of these issues and developed a task force to mitigate these widespread issues.

If this goes to court, it's going to be bad for Barta, Kirk, and the rest of the football staff. That's why Iowa will settle this and will probably do so pretty soon. They can't come out of this thing unscathed due to how they handled this from the beginning.

This is why it was insane how they took the "independent review" and pretended like going forward everything will be fine with only making one staff adjustment. Kirk clearly has his priorities way of whack and Barta is total puppet.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I can see both sides of it. I think a lot of people stayed quiet because they didn't want to offend anyone, whether it was their former teammates or a coach. I think the obvious angle for Iowa, especially as it pertains to Doyle, is that he was a **** to everyone and not just African American players. I think it would be pretty easy for Iowa to prove that. I'd like to hear from the African American coaches on staff as well as hundreds of other student athletes.

Didn't Iowa have their chance for this? They neglected to only have certain former players interviewed during the "investigation".

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
Come on people, regardless of how we feel about the EIU this is clearly just extortion and a frivolous lawsuit. The only people who gain in this situation are the lawyers.
Not really - lawyers are obviously on a contingency plan. Players will get at least 60% on this plan if an cash changes hands. Good chance there will be cash changing hands because of the results of this legal review this summer.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
The former players don’t have much of a case. Will be interesting to see if Iowa settles this to prevent discovery, or if they let the lawsuit play out and tell the litigants to pound sand.
They literally have a smoking gun in Chris Doyle. Iowa let him go and was more than happy of paying out the rest of his salary so they didn't have to fire him. They literally said letting him go allowed players within the program to feel comfortable again. That means that for years, Kirk and Iowa were perfectly fine with players not feeling comfortable within the walls until the flood gates opened.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Not really - lawyers are obviously on a contingency plan. Players will get at least 60% on this plan if an cash changes hands. Good chance there will be cash changing hands because of the results of this legal review this summer.
No, they are asking for 20MM plus attorney fees. Am I the only one who read it?

Reactions: jmb

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
They literally have a smoking gun in Chris Doyle. Iowa let him go and was more than happy of paying out the rest of his salary so they didn't have to fire him. They literally said letting him go allowed players within the program to feel comfortable again. That means that for years, Kirk and Iowa were perfectly fine with players not feeling comfortable within the walls until the flood gates opened.
He has to have a DND though.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020

The statute of limitations has run on most of the players’ Title VI claims. Regardless, it’s going to be pretty tough for the players to prove they were discriminated against because of their race. A coach being an ***hole doesn’t amount to discrimination.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
He has to have a DND though.
I was saying that due to Iowa essentially throwing Doyle under the bus, they're admitting to being at fault. I also think that if this would go to court, Doyle could get brought back into this thing and would be forced to discuss his wrongdoings in front of everyone.

That certainly wouldn't be good for Iowa because he's likely not going to go quietly. This would be his time to put blame elsewhere, something he couldn't do before because they muzzled him.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
The statute of limitations has run on most of the players’ Title VI claims. Regardless, it’s going to be pretty tough for the players to prove they were discriminated against because of their race. A coach being an ***hole doesn’t amount to discrimination.

Jesus, were you dropped on your head? This is already documented. LMAO at all of you who thought this was just going to go away.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I was saying that due to Iowa essentially throwing Doyle under the bus, they're admitting to being at fault. I also think that if this would go to court, Doyle could get brought back into this thing and would be forced to discuss his wrongdoings in front of everyone.

That certainly wouldn't be good for Iowa because he's likely not going to go quietly. This would be his time to put blame elsewhere, something he couldn't do before because they muzzled him.

I said it when they let him go but kept Jr. Iowa painted themselves into a corner.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
The former players don’t have much of a case. Will be interesting to see if Iowa settles this to prevent discovery, or if they let the lawsuit play out and tell the litigants to pound sand.
200.gif

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Well that's just not true considering a 3 month investigation proved without a doubt that African American football players were indeed being treated differently than those who are white. That internal report lays the groundwork for these lawyers to be able to prove that these players were mistreated due to their race.

Also, do you really think Iowa would've run Doyle out of the program because he was an a**hole? He would've been gone years ago when he put a dozen players in the hospital. Nah. I don't buy that for a single second and neither do you, but your true "proud" to say otherwise.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013

Have you ever been around a college football program at all? Coaches being ******** to players is the norm. Everywhere. That's not what this is at all. It's partly sad and partly hilarious that you are trying chalk this up as coaches being ********.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron