Not open for further replies.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
It's always funny when guys like Squires speak on the great things Iowa alums have accomplished when he's likely a Kirkwood dropout.
His Iowa Courts online is something else. Burglary, contempt of court, probation violation, assault, disorderly conduct, and lots of traffic violations for dumb reasons.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Not sure, like I said the details are fuzzy since it was almost 10 years ago.
I understand. Obviously there is a great amount of bad blood between Kirk and DJK so it makes sense Kirk might've been upset that the question was asked at that time. It also sounds like Rob himself might be interested in the whole story of DJK's, which he should be.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
His Iowa Courts online is something else. Burglary, contempt of court, probation violation, assault, disorderly conduct, and lots of traffic violations for dumb reasons.
So, you're telling me that an adult on Twitter that is telling people to "go finger cows" is a man questionable judgment?

Blindsided.

Reactions: JP4CY

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
You think that's affiliated, or did someone else snatch up the URL? Look at the text further down the page. Nobody affiliated with Iowa is going to call out Ferentz this directly.

Time has come to change the old guard of racists and tyrants at every level of society. Use the power of your vote and pocket book to make your voices heard.

From coaches like Kirk Ferentz at U of Iowa to Donald Trump, it's time for change.
I thought you were kidding. You were not. That is absolutely hilarious.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Pulling the DJK article just chaps my ***. Heaven forbid you allow a reader to decide what is fact and what is fiction. It's very Fahrenheit 451 to completely remove an article, rather than just letting readers form their own opinion about what they are viewing. I didn't see anywhere Howe warranted everything in the article was 100% factual.

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
I've got one tab open to Sharonda's Facebook page. She could get a huge following out of this occasion.

Reactions: JP4CY

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
Maybe DJK had spoken up about what had happened and Rob was trying to find out both sides of the story but was shot down?

Correct, according to this. DJK contacted Howe complaining about not getting a shot at an NFL camp.

https://hawkeyesports.com/news/2011/09/13/coach-ferentz-tuesday-press-conference-transcript-8/

You guys have had a good history, successful history of guys that come through your program and get into NFL training camps even if they’re not drafted. Are you surprised that Derrell never got into a camp this off season?
COACH FERENTZ: I mean, when it comes to who the NFL, what they see and what they choose to do, I don’t know if I’d ever be surprised. They all do their homework, and it’s in their hands.

He reached out to me and said that he thinks that you maybe have said some negative things about him that’s kept him out. Can you comment on that?
COACH FERENTZ: Yeah, first of all, I really don’t want to go into a dissertation with someone that didn’t finish the season, other than to say, typically players’ actions speak for themselves, and I haven’t slammed any player to anybody since I’ve been here. That would be a no, I guess, right? Was there a question there or not?

Did NFL people contact you about him and ask you about his character?
COACH FERENTZ: No. I have not had one question since I had very few questions in the fall quite frankly. So on that topic I can unequivocally say nobody has asked me anything since and including December. Hawkeye Nation has been waiting to hear the answer to that one, right? That’s like yesterday’s news to me, right? Just to answer the question, no.

You had 75 of 82 from your media guide from 2002 to 2009 that got into camps. It seems a little puzzling that a guy that is Iowa’s all time leading receiver couldn’t find his way into a camp.
COACH FERENTZ: Again, I’ll go back, I haven’t said anything negative about anybody, period. And the other thing I’d just add, I imagine most of the guys that ended up in NFL camps probably played in their last game as a senior on the team. That would be my guess. I’m just guessing. I don’t know, I’d have to go back and research that.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Correct, according to this. DJK contacted Howe complaining about not getting a shot at an NFL camp.

https://hawkeyesports.com/news/2011/09/13/coach-ferentz-tuesday-press-conference-transcript-8/

You guys have had a good history, successful history of guys that come through your program and get into NFL training camps even if they’re not drafted. Are you surprised that Derrell never got into a camp this off season?
COACH FERENTZ: I mean, when it comes to who the NFL, what they see and what they choose to do, I don’t know if I’d ever be surprised. They all do their homework, and it’s in their hands.

He reached out to me and said that he thinks that you maybe have said some negative things about him that’s kept him out. Can you comment on that?
COACH FERENTZ: Yeah, first of all, I really don’t want to go into a dissertation with someone that didn’t finish the season, other than to say, typically players’ actions speak for themselves, and I haven’t slammed any player to anybody since I’ve been here. That would be a no, I guess, right? Was there a question there or not?

COACH FERENTZ: No. I have not had one question since I had very few questions in the fall quite frankly. So on that topic I can unequivocally say nobody has asked me anything since and including December. Hawkeye Nation has been waiting to hear the answer to that one, right? That’s like yesterday’s news to me, right? Just to answer the question, no.

You had 75 of 82 from your media guide from 2002 to 2009 that got into camps. It seems a little puzzling that a guy that is Iowa’s all time leading receiver couldn’t find his way into a camp.
COACH FERENTZ: Again, I’ll go back, I haven’t said anything negative about anybody, period. And the other thing I’d just add, I imagine most of the guys that ended up in NFL camps probably played in their last game as a senior on the team. That would be my guess. I’m just guessing. I don’t know, I’d have to go back and research that.
I'm sorry I truly do not think this helps Kirk Ferentz's appearance / case whatsoever. That entire excerpt sounds incredibly condescending, especially the bolded parts.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Is Zuck a Hawk fan? I dont know what type of leverage they think they have on FB.

Yes, don't you know that EVERYONE with a net worth of over $10M is a Hawk fan.
Also anyone who sits in a Kenworth for a living
And most fast food workers
And people who have been married to Rosanne Bar

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
IDK if people aren’t friends with her if they’ll able to watch her live or if they will have to wait until it’s over.
Instagram you can see it, not sure about FB.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

So Howe asking Kirk questions why the leading receiver in Iowa history didn't get a camp invite is considered complaining? LMFAO if you don't think that Kirk didn't blacklist DJK you are out of your god damn mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.