Ames
Barta right now...

15793232.gif

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Please make this a separate thread, maybe a poll where people can rank his blunders. Gods, what a legacy for that guy.

Also, can we start using "Barta" as a verb for incomprehensible and comically bad management decisions?
e.g. "the Vikings really Barta'd that trade for Herschel Walker"

thumb_i-really-schruted-it-theoffice-michaelscott-dwightshrute-pamhalpert-jimhalpert-andybernard-10265402.png

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Spin, be loud, and take control of the narrative. It's incredibly disgusting the efforts the school (covertly) and the fans (overtly) are trying to get this whole thing into the wood chipper as quickly as possible. Trying to create a smoke screen of how they're all of a sudden the forefront leaders in racial equality. The whole thing is gross.
Yeah no one within the Iowa program, nor most of the fans have even allowed this situation to truly unfold yet. They're trying to move on and preach that they've changed and yet there are allegations still coming forth and stories that still haven't been told. And at the same time, they've made it very clear they are going to ostracize anyone that they don't want speaking out.

You're right, it is pretty disgusting. You can't preach equality while also stating you believe the oppressor deserves a chance to change the culture. You then are inadvertently stating that you don't care about the cause, you just want Kirk to stay because he's "changed". There is no doubt in my mind that if Kirk was an average coach, people would be calling for his head and this entire narrative would be changed.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Please make this a separate thread, maybe a poll where people can rank his blunders. Gods, what a legacy for that guy.

Also, can we start using "Barta" as a verb for incomprehensible and comically bad management decisions?
e.g. "the Vikings really Barta'd that trade for Herschel Walker"

I'm up to 21 things ranging from silly PR blunders to wow how does he have a job. I'm unsure yet how to present the information because I know some of the things relate to very serious issues with people who were harmed in various ways. I don't think any of us fans are poking fun at that especially this website...more just poking fun at Barta.

I'll post it here for now and if we want to make a new thread or create a poll ect. can go from there. Also probably should make sure I have the facts straight.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
The ANE stickers are the perfect way to pretend like they really give a ****. Sort of like the ANF crap.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Kelvin Bell and John Squires would like to submit:
ANDEF
America Doesn't Need Educated Farmers

iowa.JPG
It's always funny when guys like Squires speak on the great things Iowa alums have accomplished when he's likely a Kirkwood dropout.

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
Kelvin Bell and John Squires would like to submit:
ANDEF
America Doesn't Need Educated Farmers

iowa.JPG
My coworker's kid went to school with Esquires. Nothing good to say about him. I wonder if he isn't Brodie?

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I'm up to 21 things ranging from silly PR blunders to wow how does he have a job. I'm unsure yet how to present the information because I know some of the things relate to very serious issues with people who were harmed in various ways. I don't think any of us fans are poking fun at that especially this website...more just poking fun at Barta.

I'll post it here for now and if we want to make a new thread or create a poll ect. can go from there. Also probably should make sure I have the facts straight.

Have had multiple requests for a new thread for this so I will do that. However, I'm going to try to keep it to just a timeline for now. People can do whatever they want with the info.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
It looks like Iowa has already gone live with the ANE concept... www.AmericaNeedsEquality.com

You think that's affiliated, or did someone else snatch up the URL? Look at the text further down the page. Nobody affiliated with Iowa is going to call out Ferentz this directly.

Time has come to change the old guard of racists and tyrants at every level of society. Use the power of your vote and pocket book to make your voices heard.

From coaches like Kirk Ferentz at U of Iowa to Donald Trump, it's time for change.

Reactions: besserheimerphat

aauummm

May is National Walking Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
I was being sarcastic. But I wouldn't put it past Iowa and their arrogance.
I agree. That was a neat sarcastic remark but I don't trust them either. They are pulling out all of the stops in order to keep this thing quiet. Arrogance and Power.

Status
Not open for further replies.