King Mclure alert

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I think a lot of the angst was in his first(?) year when he ended up calling a majority of our games during the Prohmtastic Voyage Covid year. He wasn’t afraid to tell it like it was with how bad our play and coaching was.

Combo of being new and unpolished while having to watch and hear commentary on bad basketball, and I can see why people didn’t start with a good impression

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I think a lot of the angst was in his first(?) year when he ended up calling a majority of our games during the Prohmtastic Voyage Covid year. He wasn’t afraid to tell it like it was with how bad our play and coaching was.

Combo of being new and unpolished while having to watch and hear commentary on bad basketball, and I can see why people didn’t start with a good impression

This is a big part of it, but I still don't care all that much for him.

CHim

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
You can tell he played basketball at a high level and he provides commentary that is actually useful. He has also mentioned how big of a TJ fan he is during a game. He is good on the call and I don’t get the hate.

bizzle

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
NY, NY
He's good now. It always cracked me up during his first year when they were doing remote broadcasts due to covid and his partner would consistently wear a suit and dress shirt and tie and King would be there in a hoodie.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
I think it may have been one of the early games this year where he actually made a comment on the air about ISU fans being hard on him on Twitter. I had a good laugh at that.

• Agree
Reactions: alarson