King Mclure alert

alenz95

Apr 16, 2015
Bettendorf/ Ames
I don't get the McClure hate. I think he is pretty fair. He played on a great Baylor team and I like a lot of his input. Tonight he was very complimentary of the crowd and ISU in general.

I feel the same way. He's a lot like Tony Romo for me. He'll say some things I think are dumb, but overall he adds to the watching experience and makes it fun.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I don't generally have issues with him anymore, but tonight despite his best efforts to not sound biased, it was fairly obvious he was on team purple kitties and coach Tang. Meh. Whatever.

• Disagree
Reactions: 0u812 and sunset

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I don't get the McClure hate. I think he is pretty fair. He played on a great Baylor team and I like a lot of his input. Tonight he was very complimentary of the crowd and ISU in general.

Agree. He is light years ahead of where he was a couple of years ago. Better to have a knowledgeable announcer than one who doesn’t do their homework.

Reactions: JeanValette

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
There is often disagreement about topics on CF, but the polar opposite perspectives about McClure is interesting. I thought he was ok last night, although I didn't have my hearing aids in. :)

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
He’s not too bad other than his need to re-officiate every call. I could do without that.
Sometimes he gets that right but often he is way wrong and when they do look at the replay he will confirm what he said when the replay clearly shows something different. Dude we can all see it; it is okay to say "from this angle I see that it wasn't what I thought initially."

• Agree
Reactions: LincolnSwinger

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Sometimes he gets that right but often he is way wrong and when they do look at the replay he will confirm what he said when the replay clearly shows something different. Dude we can all see it; it is okay to say "from this angle I see that it wasn't what I thought initially."
There could be some bias involved depending on team colors of the viewer.

Reactions: Cydkar

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Or they don't even mention it and you are left wondering who got the foul.

Reactions: VeloClone

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
It's a loooooooong way down from Gary Thompson, Paul Splittorff, Jon Sundvold, and Fran Fraschilla in the analyst chair to....

King McClure, Bryndon Manzer, Kevin Lehman, Chris Spatola, Jon Crispin.

Oof.
Agree for the most part, but do kinda like Chris Spatola though.

Big_Sill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 4, 2008
I don't generally have issues with him anymore, but tonight despite his best efforts to not sound biased, it was fairly obvious he was on team purple kitties and coach Tang. Meh. Whatever.
I didn't hear him this way at all.

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Give me the broadcast crew last night over the MC22 quality broadcast we got in the non-con...

McClure is a Baylor guy, Tang was his coach. Even knowing that, I thought he was fair enough to both teams last night.

REALLY looking forward to the CBS production on Saturday against KBOOOOOOOOOOO

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron