Kansas State fans are madder than I have ever seen

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Not even close to being a basketball play. What did classy Tang have to say about that?

Texas players wanted blood, but held it in check. Can't blame them. Official basically told KState to get their asses down by their bench, pronto.
I will have to give props to the officials here. They handled this play perfectly. It could had gotten ugly very quickly, especially with the k state players near the texas bench. Texas coaches also quickly got in front of the bench to prevent their players from going onto the court, which I believe would had been an automatic ejection

Dirty play by K-State. Great job by the refs and Texas coaches for not letting this dirty play escalate into something more

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
It’s a mystery how the UT player didn’t end up with a knee injury when twisted in the air like that. It had to have been a flagrant with automatic ejection I assume. Tang surely apologized in the post game media session too, I am sure.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
I will have to give props to the officials here. They handled this play perfectly. It could had gotten ugly very quickly, especially with the k state players near the texas bench. Texas coaches also quickly got in front of the bench to prevent their players from going onto the court, which I believe would had been an automatic ejection

Dirty play by K-State. Great job by the refs and Texas coaches for not letting this dirty play escalate into something more
luckily neither of these teams have a lot of fight in them or the desire to stand up for their teammates.

• Agree
Reactions: Bigman38

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
I played golf with a couple of K-State fans this weekend (they're friends of mine). One of them referred to Tang as "Poon", which is more a reflection of a 45 year old having the maturity of a 14 year old than adoration of the coach. Neither of them were even aware of the "cheating scandal" and they both said it sounded stupid.

nrg4isu

Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
Yikes. That’s suspension worthy. I assume it was an F2 and he was ejected?

I for one am shocked that such a classy program would have players acting so classless.

Agreed, that needs to be more than an ejection. Is that even a possibility?

F2's need to at least follow football targeting rules. If it happens in the 2nd half they should be out for the 1st half of the next game. Otherwise cheap shots like this have almost no penalty.

Reactions: FerShizzle

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I played golf with a couple of K-State fans this weekend (they're friends of mine). One of them referred to Tang as "Poon", which is more a reflection of a 45 year old having the maturity of a 14 year old than adoration of the coach. Neither of them were even aware of the "cheating scandal" and they both said it sounded stupid.

It’s gonna be like Prohm if Prohm was an arrogant lying a-hole in addition to just not being a great coach who started out with 2 elite point guards. Popcorn ready.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
"Fans"? They aren't fans if they aren't even aware of that.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
Sure they are. Outside of two message boards and a couple of blowhard podcasters, no one is talking about this. Gorging on every available piece of information from any source possible is not a requirement of fandom.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: chuckd4735

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
That's a bit much. Outside of AI Sports Illustrated and ESPN throwing up notes you needed to be very online for this to have registered. Doesn't mean the players and staff aren't going to bring it up inside the locker-room when they head to the hexagon of dumb

jcf817

Mar 2, 2023
North Carolina
Sure they are. Outside of two message boards and a couple of blowhard podcasters, no one is talking about this. Gorging on every available piece of information from any source possible is not a requirement of fandom.
If they'd watched the game, they'd know, presumably.