Kansas State fans are madder than I have ever seen

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Sort of except I don't remember Prohm ever doing this at a presser.
View attachment 124168
giphy.gif

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
Congratulations on your children’s accomplishments. There’s no doubt that JoCo students will achieve. Do you know who Stan Weber is? He has said publicly before that JoCo students will learn from rural KS students and rural KS students will learn from JoCo students.
Ha, I'll pass this to my younger friend I'm running some errands with today. Smart kid that graduated with honors from Rockhurst. He'll tell you there is such a sick class system going on within the Johnson County school district you'd wanna puke. All about money and what your parents have and can afford you. Sorry country kids, but if you enrolled in any of the Blue Valley school district's schools tomorrow you'd get treated like garbage.

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
This thread has taken a strange turn
I was pointing out to CF why KSU fans have such a chip on their shoulder which is caused by their disdain for KU. I don’t think CF realizes the sharp rural urban split between the 2 schools. JoCo has a population of 625,000 and Lawrence 100,000. They border each other with maybe a ten mile open separation. KU has national relevance in BB and KSU has had success but not nearly on the Jayhawk level. Tang is an odd ball but he has had instant success last year and just got a win against Self. That will give him a lot of Wildcat love.

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
I really Like James Nelson Jr. really good player with lots of upside. Glad we are done playing TCU frankly. One of the few teams in conference that made me nervous.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
The evidence is conclusive: Iowa State broke Kansas State.

The thing is K-State fans truly believe because ISU “cheated”, that disrupted the team’s course for the rest of the season. Had they just taken the loss and focused on the next game, they likely win some of these games since that they lost. Instead, they (Tang and their fans) decided to blame the officiating in the Houston game right after ISU.

They are a soft program. Their fans better get used to it.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
I was pointing out to CF why KSU fans have such a chip on their shoulder which is caused by their disdain for KU. I don’t think CF realizes the sharp rural urban split between the 2 schools. JoCo has a population of 625,000 and Lawrence 100,000. They border each other with maybe a ten mile open separation. KU has national relevance in BB and KSU has had success but not nearly on the Jayhawk level. Tang is an odd ball but he has had instant success last year and just got a win against Self. That will give him a lot of Wildcat love.

In a previous position, I occasionally worked with a supplier rep out of Kansas who was a big KSU fan, so we talked about Big 12 sports frequently. What was interesting is how he described KSU and KU with respect to the schools, fans, and media often mirrored my description of ISU vs Iowa with respect to the schools, fans, and media. I generally had sympathy for KSU back then as I understood them.

With that said, Tang, EMAW, and their apologists ruined any sympathy I previously had.

• Agree
Reactions: wenkeej

mark82

Jun 19, 2006
You had better bus in if you don't live in Johnson County. Had to go to traffic court for a turn signal violation. Seems my blinker didn't click through the complete merge while I was being profiled in my older work vehicle by a Leawood cop. Should have taken a pic behind because there were way more dark faces behind me. Thought this pic speaks for itself.
Then in Florida it seems that use of a turn signal is illegal.

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
Tang was the "lead recruiter"/bag man for Drew at Baylor. Now that paying players is legal he is screwed.

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
A key part of our culture is now sadly to bash where other people choose to live.
Yes, it is. Also, besides judging where people live, if u happen to still live in Iowa (i don't), according to many here, you are dumb.

Reactions: CycloneOE

rosshm16

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 8, 2023
Ames had a fantastic school system when I lived there (1980-2006), not sure if this is still the case.

rosshm16

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 8, 2023
FYI in case this is not common knowledge, Nowell was not a Tang recruit, he transferred to KSU in 2021 and played on Bruce Weber's last team, averaged 12 points and 5 assists.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Was visiting a college buddy in Johnson County one summer and asked his High School age daughters what they were doing that summer expecting to hear that they would spend some of their time with some type of summer odd job. They didn’t have any jobs and I asked where did all the prolific fast food franchises all over Johnson County get their school age workers and they said they bussed them in from Kansas City every day. No kidding. Down there KU is called Johnson County West. The dislike between KState and KU is a tier higher than the ISU/Iowa rivalry. KState is primarily rural Kansas students. They play home and away in men’s & BB & possibly in the Conference tournament plus KU has National success that they use to rub in Willy’s face.
LOL. Wut?

I think someone is messing with you. Having lived in Johnson County KS since '96, I call BS on nearly everything you just said. In my daughter's school, probably half the juniors and seniors work and I can only think of one of her friends (male or female) that don't. Several work at fast food places and I've never heard of anyone busing in workers from KC (and I know quite a few franchise owners). If that's being done, that's more of an anomaly than the norm.

I have never once heard of KU being called Johnson County West, but even if someone did, ok I guess? There are a lot of KU students that come from JOCO, but that's going to be the same in nearly every state university. I imagine KState gets more rural kids based on the majors they offer, but there are a ton of KU AND KState grads here and a high number of local kids go to both.

Reactions: yCy