JUCO QB #1 Priority

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Umm, yeah, all of the injuries to Sam clearly are a problem. So, what's your point? Just trying to be Captain Obvious?

My point is our QBs are not very good.

Blaming injuries is getting really old. Even Rhoads said Richardson's injury didn't impact his decisions.

Captain Obvious? Good one. I'm trying to point out to people like you with their heads in the sand that the QB position is terrible and needs to be upgraded.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2012
Des Moines
A Juco will be way in over his head at the QB position you dont want to have someone who was too dumb to get into a D1 school or someone who was not recruited. Chances they suck right away are overwhelmingly high and there isn't time to develop them.

A graduated player with a remaining year of eligibility is the answer. You want a guy who has played at the D1 level before and has a chip on his shoulder and something to prove. I thought one should have been recruited for this season.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Yes this team needs a JUCO QB that they can bring in take up space and make worse. How bout a QB coach that can make the current QBs better, instead of worse.

ISU_Clone_28

Mar 27, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
Does it really matter if we bring in a JUCO QB, I mean since our coaches have shown what a great job they can do with developing QB's in the past. Personally I don't care who is taking snaps as long as they can get the ball to the receivers (LAZARD) next season. Once Rohach settled down a bit he didn't look to bad. Kids got a cannon but he was just trying to hard to hit the receivers. Some of his passes needed a little touch instead if just throwing it in as hard as he could. We don't absolutely NEED another QB in the JUCO option... we just need to learn how to develop the talent we have now.

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
Yes this team needs a JUCO QB that they can bring in take up space and make worse. How bout a QB coach that can make the current QBs better, instead of worse.

This .

Quit ripping on players that are currently on the team.

This is a staff issue and some are just want to pretend we have a good coaches. We do not.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
A Juco will be way in over his head at the QB position you dont want to have someone who was too dumb to get into a D1 school or someone who was not recruited. Chances they suck right away are overwhelmingly high and there isn't time to develop them.

A graduated player with a remaining year of eligibility is the answer. You want a guy who has played at the D1 level before and has a chip on his shoulder and something to prove. I thought one should have been recruited for this season.

Really? I beg to differ.

Signed--

Seneca Wallace, Cam Newton, Aaron Rogers, etc., etc.

CurvedAir

Sep 30, 2012
Kansas City
Umm, yeah, all of the injuries to Sam clearly are a problem. So, what's your point? Just trying to be Captain Obvious?

Rhoads said this morning the QB position will be "wide open" come January. Also said the offensive line has been improving since the Tulsa game and that Richardson can throw despite the thumb issue. Doesn't sound like he's as confident in Richardson as you appear to be.

mitya51

Oct 9, 2012
Richardson and Rohach aren't the answers. Nothing against them...I'm sure they're great students and teammates. Bring in a JUCO QB for the next couple of years and hope that Hodge is as good as advertised.

This ISU team reminds me of the Chiefs last year. Poor QB play, terrible offensive coordinator, and lack of basic fundamentals destroyed their season. This can be fixed. Rhoads won't let this go on without making major changes this winter. I have total faith in him.

So I assume you think there are Juco QB's that are better than what we have? Any Juco QB we bring in would be the same caliber with 95% certainty. You never know what you're going to get when you switch to big time. Even if we bring in somebody with hot numbers and they will end up an average QB.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
So I assume you think there are Juco QB's that are better than what we have? Any Juco QB we bring in would be the same caliber with 95% certainty. You never know what you're going to get when you switch to big time. Even if we bring in somebody with hot numbers and they will end up an average QB.

Horse hockey. I'm calling that any JC quarterback we could bring in wouldn't be as good as the guys we already have. Which is the whole reason CPR has said he's not bringing in a JC quarterback...

DuckDynastyCy

Feb 8, 2013
Nashville, TN
Horse hockey. I'm calling that any JC quarterback we could bring in wouldn't be as good as the guys we already have. Which is the whole reason CPR has said he's not bringing in a JC quarterback...

Exactly. We have 2 fine QB's. We just need to build an OL around them and allow them to do their jobs. Our OL has been subpar for many years vs. the rest of the Big 12 folks. This is the most talented group of skill players in some time at ISU.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
The ability of this staff to evaluate QB talent has simply been laughable to this point.

Not so much evaluating, but developing. Personally, I think our QBs are fine. Give them a decent running game that isn't base on the QB being the #1 back and an offensive line that can give them more than one second and I think, at the least, they will be serviceable. I agree with other posters who say we need LBs, but after that, I'd like to finally see a Defensive line and and offensive line who can actually push some people around as opposed to the opposite always happening.

I guess I've seen how good our QBs can be against bad teams. Granted, bad is bad, but they showed they can throw the ball and do it accurately. I really think the difference is the amount of time they were allowed to throw the ball. Just about any QB can look good with a decent line. Get some guys who can block.

letsCYber

Jun 11, 2010
U.S. of A.
Richardson and Rohach aren't the answers. Nothing against them...I'm sure they're great students and teammates. Bring in a JUCO QB for the next couple of years and hope that Hodge is as good as advertised.

This ISU team reminds me of the Chiefs last year. Poor QB play, terrible offensive coordinator, and lack of basic fundamentals destroyed their season. This can be fixed. Rhoads won't let this go on without making major changes this winter. I have total faith in him.

This is a good post, if you ignore the fact that it is completely wrong.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron