JTS Improvements - Want More

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
Question: Are those windows on the west side of the upper levels of the SPC? If so, do the windows actually have yet to be installed?

Pretty sure those are just glossy exterior wall panels. If I remember the floor plans that's all "service" stuff on that side. Bathrooms, kitchens, mechanical, storage, etc. Nothing they'd need (or want) windows for.

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
Pretty sure those are just glossy exterior wall panels. If I remember the floor plans that's all "service" stuff on that side. Bathrooms, kitchens, mechanical, storage, etc. Nothing they'd need (or want) windows for.
The 3rd floor has academic offices along that wall. I would imagine those would have some windows.
1623857897662.png

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
The 3rd floor has academic offices along that wall. I would imagine those would have some windows.
View attachment 86369

That's what I thought. I'm just not sure why if those are windows, they weren't installed earlier. You'd think that they would have to put up scaffolding to do it now, because I wouldn't think they could put a scissor lift up on that roof.

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
That's what I thought. I'm just not sure why if those are windows, they weren't installed earlier. You'd think that they would have to put up scaffolding to do it now, because I wouldn't think they could put a scissor lift up on that roof.

Looking at the webcam more, I do think they've got the windows already installed. There just not very visible. Along the west side you can some breaks or discontinuities along the wall.

If the glass is done everywhere else on the building and they are as far along on interior work as we've seen, they'd have the windows in (except on

Reactions: Cyclonsin

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Looking at the webcam more, I do think they've got the windows already installed. There just not very visible. Along the west side you can some breaks or discontinuities along the wall.

If the glass is done everywhere else on the building and they are as far along on interior work as we've seen, they'd have the windows in (except on

Yeah, now that you say it, I think that you're probably right. The glass on the stairwells you can't really see through unless it's dark out and the lights are one. Like it's frosted. Those windows must be similar.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I snared this screenshot earlier when the camera operator was panning around. I get pretty most of what I’m seeing. The walkway light footings, the fact that there is going to be (from the renderings) a black border around the grass.

But why would there be a line of broken concrete next to the sidewalk by 4th Street? They just poured that.

The renderings also show there is supposed be a low wall there (probably to channel foot traffic to the walkways), so I’d expect a trench for footings there—not broken concrete.

Or am I seeing things?

5A344238-5A91-4C73-B269-1B5E4D951AA4.jpeg

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I snared this screenshot earlier when the camera operator was panning around. I get pretty most of what I’m seeing. The walkway light footings, the fact that there is going to be (from the renderings) a black border around the grass.

But why would there be a line of broken concrete next to the sidewalk by 4th Street? They just poured that.

The renderings also show there is supposed be a low wall there (probably to channel foot traffic to the walkways), so I’d expect a trench for footings there—not broken concrete.

Or am I seeing things?

View attachment 86376
Is that broken concrete or is it concrete covered in plastic like you see in the foreground?

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I’ve been wondering where equipment was trundling off to. Finally, the person operating the camera panned to the left.

Thanks!

A4728984-39E4-4BEE-B684-18A191F5923D.jpeg

ST8TAILG8R

Jul 10, 2017
Not everything is immediate ROI. When it comes to college athletics you're often talking about building ROI 20+ years down the road if you're doing it right.

This is very true. The latest Legends pod between CW and Steve Malchow touches on the deliberate actions taken by the AD to involve families and kids 15 yrs ago. It's the Happy Meal marketing plan... get the kids hooked early... they go to school at ISU... they graduate... the donate back. And, it is paying off as everybody outside of Ames, IA drools over the presence of our fanbase.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Appreciate the updates here as I have zero construction or engineering knowledge, and I can't believe you guys actually sit and stare at a site through a camera for as long as you do.

• Haha
Reactions: Aclone and DSMCy