Joshua Jefferson has committed to Iowa State

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
What really sold me on him initially was the reaction of St Mary's fans when he entered the portal. Distraught to say the least. Clearly saw him as a huge piece going forward.
It doesn't mean much but by the time Joshua got hurt this year, he was starting to pop up on some NBA draft twitter accounts as a guy to watch/follow. He's got a high skill level for his size and brings it defensively on and off the ball.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I really like that his jumpshot looks fluid. I know his shooting numbers weren't great but the mechanics look good and our guards will get him open looks.
I mentioned this in the transfer thread - he was really streaky this year - but came up huge in their biggest games (except he was injured for the post season).

He went 16-60 (for reference Tre King went 13-47) - but 10 of the 16 makes came in just 4 games, and he had a double-double in each of those 4 games - his only 4 double-doubles of the season! And those 4 games included road games at Colorado St, San Fran & Gonzaga - all wins.

He started the season 2-26 over his first 9 games, shooting over 40% after that.

The other notable thing is that he blew up between his Fr and Soph years - he only played 8 minutes per game his Fr season, but played 25 this year.

The more I look at it, the better the pickup is. I'd guess right now that he starts at the '4' in the "Tre King-role"

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
This staff has now built a team that has a ridiculous amount of lineup flexibility.

3 guys that can play the 5.
4-6 guys that can play the 4.
4 guys that can play the 3.
3 guys that can play the 2.
3 guys that can play the 1.

This isn't even counting the Freshmen. And Hawley is back!

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Perfect fit for what this team needs. Good defender from a good defensive team but a much higher offensive capability. Should really unlock some things on offense. Also a good rebounder which we need. I'm super excited about this pickup.