Joens Signed by Las Vegas Aces / Wings / Mercury X 2

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Her team posted some pics to Facebook today.

407378625_18400373305019742_8928552201613045092_n.jpg

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
I would assume part of an agent's job is to make sure they are..
I don't know that she would want the WNBA scouts to see this body of work - she's not having a particularly great season. While the team is now winning, she's the third or maybe even fourth scoring option, definitely behind the Italian PG and the Serbian PF. I had a tenderloin the other night and it sounds like she's having a hard time adjusting to the slow pace of life on Sardinia. She's "active" and they don't practice until late afternoon, leaving her with little to do - evidently the beach loses its appear after so many visits. Dinamo Sassari plays on 12/23 and then goes on break until 1/13, so she gets to come home to Iowa - hopefully spending time with family will recharge her batteries.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
I don't know that she would want the WNBA scouts to see this body of work - she's not having a particularly great season. While the team is now winning, she's the third or maybe even fourth scoring option, definitely behind the Italian PG and the Serbian PF. I had a tenderloin the other night and it sounds like she's having a hard time adjusting to the slow pace of life on Sardinia. She's "active" and they don't practice until late afternoon, leaving her with little to do - evidently the beach loses its appear after so many visits. Dinamo Sassari plays on 12/23 and then goes on break until 1/13, so she gets to come home to Iowa - hopefully spending time with family will recharge her batteries.
Postgame I heard Kelsey say the WHOLE family would be home for Christmas. Awesome.

Last edited:
Reactions: NWICY

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

This isn't exactly a premier league is it? I am not thinking the folks that assemble WNBA rosters are spending a single minute scouting USA players playing overseas. Even for foreign players they would only be looking at the youngest and maybe only the top five in the world of that group not already playing Div I in the USA. WNBA draft last year was only three directly from foreign teams and none of them a made roster.

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I would assume part of an agent's job is to make sure they are. Anyone know the pay difference between WNBA & Eurocup? I'm guessing not all that much.
It really doesn't matter. The WNBA season allows for players to double dip and play overseas during the WNBA offseason.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron