Jarvis West Commits

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Uh he commited a couple months ago. I think they just saw there was a story about him on Rivals and then ran their article.

wags

Dec 13, 2008
DSM
if i remember right he committed but said he was still going to take his other visits, so maybe its just a solid verbal instead of a soft verbal

Billups06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 18, 2006
I will say 4.5 is not ttthhaattt fast for someone who is 5'7. I hope for the best on this kid and also realize CPR's done plenty of homework to bring him into the family.

I agree. I think you could compare Jarvis to the likes of Brandon Banks of Kstate. I think he'll be more elusive rather than just having flat out speed.

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona
I've seen the kid's highlight video, and he is FAST. He has the quickness to make people miss, but he also runs away from the secondary with ease.

cyclonestate

May 4, 2009
I don't mean to add to the hype, but I think this guy could be very exciting in our offense. A 5' 7" guy with outstanding speed and quickness in the open field will fun to watch. It reminds me of Moses. I can't wait to watch him in a Cyclone uniform.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I will say 4.5 is not ttthhaattt fast for someone who is 5'7. I hope for the best on this kid and also realize CPR's done plenty of homework to bring him into the family.

Oh, what do you know about college receivers? I kid. I would say 4.5, if legit, would possibly make him the fastest of our recievers though wouldn't it? I know Money was rumored to be around 4.4 but I don't know if that's legit. Either way, I don't care 4.5 is fast enough if he's elusive.

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
I just hope he knows how to run a good route :wink:

All this talk about quick and fast yada yada yada....i think the biggest area of need for our WR will be at another position that impacts the WR most!!!!!

To me, WR are worthless without accuracy from the qb....if our guy cannot hit a wide open wr in stride and allow them to use speed, quickness, moves or whatever, the wr will forever look like a position of need for us.....

I truly hope that AA makes the leap in Hermans system next fall. If not, all the talent in the world will not make up for over throws and missed opportunities. Especially when you have a RB that gets almost 1100 yards rushing, there should be some easy opportunities that cannot be missed if you want to succeed!!!!

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
All this talk about quick and fast yada yada yada....i think the biggest area of need for our WR will be at another position that impacts the WR most!!!!!

To me, WR are worthless without accuracy from the qb....if our guy cannot hit a wide open wr in stride and allow them to use speed, quickness, moves or whatever, the wr will forever look like a position of need for us.....

I truly hope that AA makes the leap in Hermans system next fall. If not, all the talent in the world will not make up for over throws and missed opportunities. Especially when you have a RB that gets almost 1100 yards rushing, there should be some easy opportunities that cannot be missed if you want to succeed!!!!
AA did much better in the bowl game hitting guys in stride. He threw the slant very well, he hit receivers on the money. Except for his two INT's, he threw the ball very well. Not to mention the success he had the prior season. So we know he can throw the ball. We need receivers that can make plays after the catch. We don't have that right now and we haven't for a few years.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I remember we talked a lot about his 40 time back when he originally commited. I believe there was speculation that 4.5 was not his best time and that he had run in the 4.4 range.

Help Support Us

Become a patron