Jamie or Paul. Who leaves first?

tripod

Dec 28, 2007
I am familiar with the administrative structure and some of those involved. Leath is a good president and very supportive of athletics. I would be surprised if he didn't have a good relationship with Pollard.

Seedman

Jan 13, 2011
Ames
I don't know why you have to be an ******* about it. God forbid someone doesn't take joy out of bringing down players and coaches of the team that you support. Your life must be so unhappy if you have to spend a lot of time on a ******* message board belittling people for trying to see some good in a ****** situation.

I absolutely agree with your post! Granted this is a program in desperate need of improvement and maybe I am one of the few who sees improvement and has hope. In my lifetime I have seem more than my share of alcohol infused armchair quarterbacks who sit in the cheap seats and cast aspersions on the players and coach while lacking the intellectual acumen, leadership skills and warrior like mentality to personally contribute to this or any other program in a meaningful way! That is a sad testament to the Cyclone Fanatic moniker.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I absolutely agree with your post! Granted this is a program in desperate need of improvement and maybe I am one of the few who sees improvement and has hope. In my lifetime I have seem more than my share of alcohol infused armchair quarterbacks who sit in the cheap seats and cast aspersions on the players and coach while lacking the intellectual acumen, leadership skills and warrior like mentality to personally contribute to this or any other program in a meaningful way! That is a sad testament to the Cyclone Fanatic moniker.

Fans are fans and will ***** about results that we've had for over 2 seasons. That's a fact. That's not the type of fan that I want to be, but everyone does what they want to. But it kills me that people will attack their own for hoping that something good can happen. What does it hurt to have fans that hope that Iowa State wins or is improving.

Part of it is that I think there is a significant number of posters on here who want Iowa State to lose at this point. They are ****** and even if we won 5 more games, they wouldn't be happy. I think there are a significant number of posters on here that will actively be cheering against Iowa State from here on out even if they won't admit it.

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
I don't know why you have to be an ******* about it. God forbid someone doesn't take joy out of bringing down players and coaches of the team that you support. Your life must be so unhappy if you have to spend a lot of time on a ******* message board belittling people for trying to see some good in a ****** situation.

I'd normally agree with you, but Rusty has been a colossal ****** for months. He deserves all the crap he gets.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
I saw CPR make a large personal purchase at the Story City I-35 Caseys.
He bought a 26 oz. Malt Liquor, a pack of Camel smokes, and some scratch tickets. He scratched them in the parking lot and threw them out the window onto the parking lot. Litterer.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I'd normally agree with you, but Rusty has been a colossal ****** for months. He deserves all the crap he gets.

Fair enough. I hadn't noticed that.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
He bought a 26 oz. Malt Liquor, a pack of Camel smokes, and some scratch tickets. He scratched them in the parking lot and threw them out the window onto the parking lot. Litterer.

Dont quit your day job.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
They are ****** and even if we won 5 more games, they wouldn't be happy.

This just isnt true. People would be happy if we made a bowl game this year.

There might be some people unhappy if we got to 4-5 wins and someone tried to sell 'improvement' to keep CPR one more year

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Really that is rich coming from you.

isu83

May 5, 2010
I am sure those in the know will do what needs to be done. To worry about Otz not getting the head basketball job now is pointless. The biggest worry for me is winning the next game.

I think Jamie hates being under the current micromanaging President. I am sure he's looking. I think he does whatever he can to delay firing Paul with the intent of being gone before that decision is made.

Thoughts?

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
No other school would touch JP with a 10 foot pole because of his giant yapper. He's a financial wizard but a walking PR nightmare.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL

Probably because he ran out of gas (that joke was so overplayed).

TensasCy

Mar 24, 2012

More than likely, he drank the Camels, smoked the liquor, and threw away a bunch of winning tickets.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
No other school would touch JP with a 10 foot pole because of his giant yapper. He's a financial wizard but a walking PR nightmare.

What "nightmares" have we had? None. A bunch of one day PR stories which every school has. The positives largely outweigh the negatives and the very thing that has created those small gaffes has created the success we have had.

Cyfan1843

Jun 30, 2009
Ames
I am familiar with the administrative structure and some of those involved. Leath is a good president and very supportive of athletics. I would be surprised if he didn't have a good relationship with Pollard.

This is the only accurate statement in this thread.

FreeBorn

Jul 3, 2014
For the record, I don't think Jamie is on the hot seat. I just think there is the potential that he won't like being micromanaged by the new president. If that is true, I wouldn't be surprised if he's looking for another power 5 AD job.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron