Jamie or Paul. Who leaves first?

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
I think JP is only on the hot seat if he were to refuse to fire CPR after this season (assuming the end result is what's most probable now). I dont think Leath will allow this to continue.

I agree with this. I seriously doubt Leath would allow CPR to be the coach next year if this season ends 3-9 or so again. If JP for some reason defends CPR and chooses that hill to die on, they may part ways and Leath may be bringing in a new AD quickly to pick the new coach.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Yeah I thought they'ed play better the second year with the same staff and more experience. And while they have, so far it hasn't been enough still. There were times all three games where we looked like the best team on the field, but it's not nearly consistent enough.

Are you part of the team? You are pathetic, this team is bad and has not improved. Period. You still think we can make a bowl? Better let daddy Stormin know to call off the dogs as well. I am amazed it took you this long.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
Are you part of the team? You are pathetic, this team is bad and has not improved. Period. You still think we can make a bowl? Better let daddy Stormin know to call off the dogs as well. I am amazed it took you this long.
The team has looked bad this year but to say they don't look better is asinine. We handily beat UNI. We were the much better team until we took a dump on offense in the second half against Iowa. We played extremely undisciplined football against Toledo. We are still 4 minutes and a foot wide on a field goal away from being 3-0. I mean it is going to be time to move on, barring a miracle turnaround, but there is a lot of improvement from last year.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
As much crap as I talk about Pollard on here, especially related to his coaching decisions, I don't think he should be gone but he needs some serious help with the next coaching search.

Like how he was just going to hire Otz, but Leath stepped in and told him to do some interviews first. After Pollard did his job because he was told to do so, he made a good basketball hire.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park

You didn't even read my post did you? Or do you just not watch football? Or understand what you're watching?

GMan

Jun 13, 2008
Minneapolis
Can someone explain this mythical "micromanagement/conflict" Leath has with Pollard? Is it merely that Pollard wanted to hire Otz without doing a real search and Leath told him to do a real search like, you know, an AD?

Last edited:

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Can someone explain this mythical "micromanagement/conflict" Leath has with Pollard? Is it merely that Pollard wanted to hire Otz without doing a real search and Leath told him to do a real search like, you know, an AD.

It's one of the myths of CF

Amesboy

Feb 25, 2012
Very unlikely but the same was being said about Fred. No it doesn't look like he'll leave regardless of any major purchase or not if the money is right and Jamie would like the challenge of running a conference, etc. he would leave. If there is one thing Jamie learned from Fred is college sports is a business just like professional sports.

Last edited:

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
As much crap as I talk about Pollard on here, especially related to his coaching decisions, I don't think he should be gone but he needs some serious help with the next coaching search.

He took exactly one risk that any other AD wouldn't have taken and that worked. His other hires have all been very logical and any other AD would consider them very reasonable, if not very good hires.

nickcyv

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 29, 2009
My thoughts are that you're an idiot. Why would the AD hate the President doing the Presidents job?

Says the guy who was so confident ISU was making a bowl game he called everyone who disagreed an idiot and himself stated he would leave the board if they didn't go bowling.

Seedman

Jan 13, 2011
Ames
I think Jamie hates being under the current micromanaging President. I am sure he's looking. I think he does whatever he can to delay firing Paul with the intent of being gone before that decision is made.

Thoughts?

At the end of the day, Toledo did not beat ISU. ISU beat ISU! With 14 penalties for 113 yards individual mental mistakes ruled the night!

I was looking for significant improvements in the running game and a better overall balance of play calling. That was exactly what I saw and personally found that to be encouraging. Granted we lost, but cut the foolish penalties in half or make the missed field goal and we could have come away with a W. So, I for one am willing to sit back and see if the team continues to make improvements that are indicative of a program finally going the right direction. Time will tell.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

I don't know why you have to be an ******* about it. God forbid someone doesn't take joy out of bringing down players and coaches of the team that you support. Your life must be so unhappy if you have to spend a lot of time on a ******* message board belittling people for trying to see some good in a ****** situation.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
The team has looked bad this year but to say they don't look better is asinine. We handily beat UNI. We were the much better team until we took a dump on offense in the second half against Iowa. We played extremely undisciplined football against Toledo. We are still 4 minutes and a foot wide on a field goal away from being 3-0. I mean it is going to be time to move on, barring a miracle turnaround, but there is a lot of improvement from last year.

UNI lost the game as much as we "improved". Had we played NDSU version 2014 orif UNI had their 2013 team we would have lost. In 12 total quarters we have looked inept for 9 of them.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I think Jamie hates being under the current micromanaging President. I am sure he's looking. I think he does whatever he can to delay firing Paul with the intent of being gone before that decision is made.

Thoughts?

Pretty sure this person has been proven in the past to be a Hawk troll.