Jakolby Long to transfer

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I wonder if we'll be hearing of any other departures. My crystal ball says yes.

I sure hope not. We have all kinds of opportunity for playing time right now. We already had a short rotation with 6 or 7 guys getting most of the minutes so its not like anyone has to worry about playing time.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
99.9% of the athletes that leave ISU early say similar kinds of things about ISU when leaving. That's why nobody believes a word Jacob Park was saying when he left.

Or, we as fans can take him at his word and appreciate his gracious exit without being cynical about it, especially since, unlike Park, there has never been even a whiff of off-court trouble with Jakolby.

But whatever man...you keep on doing you...

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Or, we as fans can take him at his word and appreciate his gracious exit without being cynical about it, especially since, unlike Park, there has never been even a whiff of off-court trouble with Jakolby.

But whatever man...you keep on doing you...
I believe you missed the point yet again, but keep on doing you.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Prohm isn't going to say anything unless he has media availability and they ask him. He's not going to just go put a quote out there so people on CF know what their plan is lol

Of course not. This isn't on Prohm, it's on your media types that want to float out their "connectedness".

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Of course not. This isn't on Prohm, it's on your media types that want to float out their "connectedness".

What am I missing here? I don't have any media types and they get told stuff off the record all the time

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Maybe. But why are none of them quoting CSP?

You know coaches can't talk about players they are recruiting, right? Also, it would be a bad idea for CSP to say that he's going after the best possible sit out transfer if there's still high school recruits or other types of recruits in play.

You don't tip your hand.

It's possible that the media isn't aware of any high school players that the staff has really been after, so they are assuming a transfer is who we will go after. Also, with the lineup looking pretty set, they can assume that grad transfers are out based on lack of immediate playing time.

Maybe they assume that any HS player good enough for the staff to go after wants to play right away, so a transfer is more likely.

Reactions: DurangoCy

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
You know coaches can't talk about players they are recruiting, right?

It's possible that the media isn't aware.... so they are assuming a transfer..... they can assume that grad transfers....Maybe they assume that any HS player....

Of course Prohm can't name names.

But I agree with you on the media assumptions on the type of player we might be going after. Until we know sources, their insights do not differ much from those on this board.