Jakolby Long to transfer

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
This is like putting your wife's future options in your obituary. Last I checked we already had a threat regarding the newly open scholarship.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I mean I guess if you follow recruiting you kind of get an idea of what is an opinion and what has some facts behind it. CW doesn't say this unless he knows something and I don't think he's obligated to say "based on sources" to start the sentence. It's common sense for the most part

At this point Chris Williams is the source. So when someone asks for a source. He can just say the source is me.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Kinda weird Jakolby hasn’t found a new home yet.

Been over 2 months since he announced his intentions.

But it's been only 4 weeks since the end of the school year. Plenty of time in the summer to schedule visits and he can find the best fit.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
But it's been only 4 weeks since the end of the school year. Plenty of time in the summer to schedule visits and he can find the best fit.

Have you seen him linked to any schools or had visits planned?

Nothing wrong with taking your time to find best fit but most transfers don’t take 79 days to decide. Lot of schools have filled up scholarhips.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Have you seen him linked to any schools or had visits planned?

Nothing wrong with taking your time to find best fit but most transfers don’t take 79 days to decide. Lot of schools have filled up scholarhips.

Usually transfers already have a destination in mind and commit pretty soon after receiving their release. I am surprised that there haven't been much mentioned about him but, I am sure we'll hear something soon.
It could pay off for Jacobly if he is open to going anywhere especially after the NBA dedline and late Transfers/De-commits are set. Now is the perfect time to find a spot that will offer him a place to shine (or location that he desires. Hawaii anyone?). We have to remember he was a boarder line top 100 recruit at one point so there is potential even though injuries have slowed him to this point.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Usually transfers already have a destination in mind and commit pretty soon after receiving their release. I am surprised that there haven't been much mentioned about him but, I am sure we'll hear something soon.
It could pay off for Jacobly if he is open to going anywhere especially after the NBA dedline and late Transfers/De-commits are set. Now is the perfect time to find a spot that will offer him a place to shine (or location that he desires. Hawaii anyone?). We have to remember he was a boarder line top 100 recruit at one point so there is potential even though injuries have slowed him to this point.

Had that same thought. Less competition for spots late, and I'm sure he can get on with a fall back option if need be.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Is he able to go JUCO for a year?

I would think he could, even so he could have announced his commitment to a JUCO by this point.
Most teams rosters should be set so he should know his options at this point. Very strange there hasn't been word on his destination by now. It is at the point where hell need to be moving to the campus and start workouts with his new team in the next 2-ish weeks. Bet we get word by the end of next week.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I would think he could, even so he could have announced his commitment to a JUCO by this point.
Most teams rosters should be set so he should know his options at this point. Very strange there hasn't been word on his destination by now. It is at the point where hell need to be moving to the campus and start workouts with his new team in the next 2-ish weeks. Bet we get word by the end of next week.
Wouldn't he burn a year of his eligibility by playing in a JUCO this season?

• Agree
Reactions: Cydkar

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
A JUCO would do literally nothing to progress him towards earning a college degree considering he was at ISU for two years.

• Agree
Reactions: ca4cy