ISU/Iowa MBB game thread....

tube1

Oct 19, 2006
Yuri did have a better game tonight. I won't come down hard on him now. Good game, Yuri.

JHudd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Plano, TX
Did the announcer just say "he gave him the reach-around??!?" yikes, I know we got the ball on the jump ball, but I don't want to see any of our players in such dire straits as to have to "give a Hawkeye the reach around"

At least our guys have the common courtesies to do such a thing, many men in prison (or your average corporate workplace) aren’t so nice. :biggrin9gp:

(Sorry I could not resist):sweet:

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
Man, this is frustrating. Obviously EIU's superbowl tonight and we are at 23 turnovers already? I think the biggest downfall I see tonight is our defense. It seems we are so focused on the man we are supposed to be guarding that we forget about the team part of man to man defense. Set a screen and they have a lay up or a alleyoof for a dunk.....Now jiri fouls out.

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
Keep the faith. True fans hang around. Enjoy watching this team grow over the next couple of years. Watching this year will make us appreciate the next few as they improve.

the faith is here- picture me huddled near my laptop in several layers of clothes in my freezing cold apartment keeping track of the game w/ the crusty gametracker and CF.com...

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
This just in, Iowa in control of things now that they're up 17. Oh wait, they've been up by about that many the last 7 minutes.

tube1

Oct 19, 2006
the faith is here- picture me huddled near my laptop in several layers of clothes in my freezing cold apartment keeping track of the game w/ the crusty gametracker and CF.com...

Sweet. Glad you joined in tonight. Too bad you weren't trackig a better game.

tube1

Oct 19, 2006
I'd love to see Drake take it to the squaks next week! Go Dawgs!

zdorr40

Apr 3, 2006
Des Moines
Visit site
I wonder **** MacCausland will be saying when they're getting their a**es kicked by Illinois, Indiana, Michigan St, Ohio St, Wisconsin.

Oh yeah, don't forget Northwestern. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Balls

Mar 23, 2006
Iowa
I don't expect to be great this year, but do expect to see improvements and for the same mistakes not to be made over and over again.

I think GMac needs to sit players after the mistakes and not be afraid to take away playing time if the player keeps making the same mistakes. I would rather be very limited by playing very controlled ball, then to play wild and out of control. The way we are playing isn't going to make us better. Work to get better not to play foolish BB to try to get lucky.

I am not so disappointed in losing, but losing playing so out of control and without purpose is getting sad.

tube1

Oct 19, 2006
Hey - did they say that this was JR Angle's first college start? Who woulda thunk it.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
I will say that the Hawks looked much more focused then the UNI game(unfortunately) and we are looking as if we have only played together as a team for 8 games......Oh yeah.

tube1

Oct 19, 2006
Iowa puts in their bench players and Tyler Smith still takes the shot? Nice. Thanks for giving the scrubs a chance to get into the scoring column.

Help Support Us

Become a patron