ISU/Iowa MBB game thread....

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
Hey, at least they're evening up the calls right?? You knew this screw job was coming after they were forced to make 4 straight calls our way.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
i live out of state and this is first time i've seen us play this year. are we usually this not good? have few expectations and expect GMac to set the tone and build the program (esp with few returning players and a last minute recruiting class).

just want to know if this game is normal or if its especially poor.

Pretty much par for the course so far this season.

Very little post defense, no post offense, chucking 3's up all game, turnovers, yada...yada...yada....

rlegg928

Apr 11, 2006
Troy, NY
Did the announcer just say "he gave him the reach-around??!?" yikes, I know we got the ball on the jump ball, but I don't want to see any of our players in such dire straits as to have to "give a Hawkeye the reach around"

tube1

Oct 19, 2006
How do they call that a charge against Yuri? He didn't have the ball. I thought charges were player control fouls? These refs do suck.

coachdags

Speechless
Bookie
Mar 30, 2006
N.Dakota
i live out of state and this is first time i've seen us play this year. are we usually this not good? have few expectations and expect GMac to set the tone and build the program (esp with few returning players and a last minute recruiting class).

just want to know if this game is normal or if its especially poor.
we are not very good...

and we are not understanding how to play basketball yet...

Mac, has said many times this will be a work in progress..

The games we have won, we have won because of "lucky" shooting not execution..

Our turnovers are a huge problem....we need to learn how to share...?

tube1

Oct 19, 2006
Did the announcer just say "he gave him the reach-around??!?" yikes, I know we got the ball on the jump ball, but I don't want to see any of our players in such dire straits as to have to "give a Hawkeye the reach around"

Great catch for you! Some positive rep points coming your way with this post!

ppclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I just want to clarify that by bringing up the Fizer moment I wasn't trying to put McD down. The team didn't exactly look that hot in Eustachy's first year either.

agree - haven't been this excited about a coach bringing discipline and coaching to the program since Floyd/Eustachy. He's got my patience for a long long time. i'd like to see him lighting up the players though...maybe he's using a gentle hand tonight.

but its clear the team needs to better understand the system and future recruiting classes are needed to infuse talent (big men)...thats when we take off.

zdorr40

Apr 3, 2006
Des Moines
Visit site
so i should sleep thru this season- tune back in next??

I'd love to FFWD to about 2008 or 9 and see how the wrestling, hoops, and FB programs look then. We knew this was gonna be a rough year in BB. I think the 6-0 start gave us some unrealistic expectations. After the first six, I was hoping NIT, just for the extra practice it would give us.

arganbright2

Aug 6, 2006
Yeah I agree, the ISU teams are just not good at all this year. I think we should shave Lindsey Medders head and have her take Taylor's spot. She never turns it over and gets a million assists.

tube1

Oct 19, 2006
so i should sleep thru this season- tune back in next??

Keep the faith. True fans hang around. Enjoy watching this team grow over the next couple of years. Watching this year will make us appreciate the next few as they improve.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Keep the faith. True fans hang around. Enjoy watching this team grow over the next couple of years. Watching this year will make us appreciate the next few as they improve.

could not agree more. Hang in there Clone fans.... part of going up often involves a dip down.

Help Support Us

Become a patron