ISU/Iowa MBB game thread....

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
My coach used to make us run sprints for every turnover we got as a team. These boys would be some tired pups if Mac does the same to them.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Gametracker's been stuck at 66 to 51 for a long time, so what is the score and time?

Balls

Mar 23, 2006
Iowa
We need to start our walk-ons next game to send these airheads a message.

I agree, that something needs to be shaken up for the next game to make a point to the players. I would go as far as telling the players during practice that the players who follow the fundamentals (fewest turnovers, centers not shooting threes, assists, defense) by position will start and play the majority of the minutes. And not base anything on points, flashy dunks, or who started in previous games. Let that be the competition.

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
Taylor and McIntosh really aren't doing anything to help us. We need somebody who's not afraid to drive to the basket under control.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
I'm not gonna look for that one on ESPN Classic. What an ugly game. It looked like a bad JV scrimmage. Were we playing with the new NBA ball no one can hang onto? We looked lost on offense and couldn't keep them out of the middle on defense.

However, it may be the alcohol talking, but I will say that this is the last time we lose to the Hawks in the next five years. Their cupboards look pretty bare coming up, and ours are stocked. I don't think McDermott will get caught drinking Natty Light with coeds anytime soon, so there will be stability and quality there, too.

coachdags

Speechless
Bookie
Mar 30, 2006
N.Dakota
I agree, that something needs to be shaken up for the next game to make a point to the players. I would go as far as telling the players during practice that the players who follow the fundamentals (fewest turnovers, centers not shooting threes, assists, defense) by position will start and play the majority of the minutes. And not base anything on points, flashy dunks, or who started in previous games. Let that be the competition.
Agreed....

and I think Mac will

Balls

Mar 23, 2006
Iowa
Taylor and McIntosh really aren't doing anything to help us. We need somebody who's not afraid to drive to the basket under control.

Agreed. I guess the one thing I expected with GMac as coach is players playing under control and within a system. I see neither. I know it's early, but I guess I don't understand why it takes a long long time for players to play under control, or not play at all on game day.

I know GMac has proven himself in the state of Iowa, but this has to be a hard time for him as coach. He doesn't have the right answers right now and his competition is only going to get harder.

hansen55

Apr 12, 2006
Avoca, IA
We can't turn the ball over like that and win, ever! It looked like we didn't give a $hit passing and we couldn't catch a pass to save our lives.