ISU involved w/ Lawson brothers

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
One of you (Johnny Dakota) needs to change their avatar. That is messing with my brain.

4be1300b03225e52339350003959f91b_1000-images-about-funnies-on-imitation-flattery-meme_420-294.png

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Are you sure?

KU is still extremely thin up front as they lose Lucas and are only bringing in one forward in Billy Preston. Their back court is crowded but it seems like Juiston would still fit, provided they could free up a scholly and I am sure Self can free up a scholly.

You forget they get Udoka back too. Plus Juiston might not want to compete against the Lawson's in 2018-19. You never know though but I certainly think it helps more than it hurts our chances

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Are you sure?

KU is still extremely thin up front as they lose Lucas and are only bringing in one forward in Billy Preston. Their back court is crowded but it seems like Juiston would still fit, provided they could free up a scholly and I am sure Self can free up a scholly.

If by extremely thin you mean they have a 5 star 7 footer in Azubuike and 5 star Preston and 5th year senior Coleby and 4 star sophomore Lightfoot. Plus the fact that Self has now shown he will play 4 guard lineups. They have room for Juiston but that will be a hard sell.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Are you sure?

Well, They have Azubuike, Mitch Lightfoot, Dwight Coleby(I'll admit not sure what he'll bring), and then Billy Preston. Also only have 2 Prep players signed. And are interested in Tilmon. Even if they don't get either you still have to be hesitant as Juiston because now they have brought in 2 guys that could fill the position that you were hoping to play, for your senior year. JuCo guys want to know that they aren't wasting their choice when choosing a school because they have already lost some of their eligibility.

I know Kansas is the brand, and I am not saying they can't still land Juiston. But to think that those signings could've helped them with Juiston, or not changed his mind, that's just false.

edit: no longer pursuing Bamba

Last edited:

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
Well, They have Azubuike, Mitch Lightfoot, Dwight Coleby(I'll admit not sure what he'll bring), and then Billy Preston. Also only have 2 Prep players signed. And are interested in Tilmon and Bamba. Even if they don't get either you still have to be hesitant as Juiston because now they have brought in 2 guys that could fill the position that you were hoping to play, for your senior year. JuCo guys want to know that they aren't wasting their choice when choosing a school because they have already lost some of their eligibility.

I know Kansas is the brand, and I am not saying they can't still land Juiston. But to think that those signings could've helped them with Juiston, or not changed his mind, that's just false.
I understand what your point is & agree but KU is not on Bamba's list and is not in the picture with Tilmon,

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Well, They have Azubuike, Mitch Lightfoot, Dwight Coleby(I'll admit not sure what he'll bring), and then Billy Preston. Also only have 2 Prep players signed. And are interested in Tilmon and Bamba. Even if they don't get either you still have to be hesitant as Juiston because now they have brought in 2 guys that could fill the position that you were hoping to play, for your senior year. JuCo guys want to know that they aren't wasting their choice when choosing a school because they have already lost some of their eligibility.

They are not in the Bamba recruitment at all

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I understand what your point is & agree but KU is not on Bamba's list and is not in the picture with Tilmon,
I saw him on their list of recruits they're pursuing didn't realize he cut them out in August.. my bad. But they have certainly reached out to Tilmon since he de-commited and although Mizzou is the leader, have heard Kansas and SLU are heavily trying to push for him

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
I saw him on their list of recruits they're pursuing didn't realize he cut them out in August.. my bad. But they have certainly reached out to Tilmon since he de-commited and although Mizzou is the leader, have heard Kansas and SLU are heavily trying to push for him
Fair enough, I was under the impression that Mizzou was the heavy favorite with SLU having a chance as well.

Reactions: srjclone

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Some of you are excited that ISU was on a list for a potential transfer. After the players commit to KU, some (not all) are still thrilled.

It's like going out for varsity basketball, but getting cut. "Oh well, but it was still a great thrill ride!"

If anyone is "thrilled" about the situation it is because it potentially helps us with our number 1 target on the recruiting trail. Troll on

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Fair enough, I was under the impression that Mizzou was the heavy favorite with SLU having a chance as well.
I obviously have no idea. Hell I just said Kansas was still in on Bamba. But I did see things regarding Tilmon and Kansas. But think Mizzou is obviously the heavy favorite.