ISU involved w/ Lawson brothers

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
Some of you are excited that ISU was on a list for a potential transfer. After the players commit to KU, some (not all) are still thrilled.

It's like going out for varsity basketball, but getting cut. "Oh well, but it was still a great thrill ride!"

No, it's like applying for two jobs, and one company hired all of the other applicants, so you're sitting pretty good with the other company.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Some of you are excited that ISU was on a list for a potential transfer. After the players commit to KU, some (not all) are still thrilled.

It's like going out for varsity basketball, but getting cut. "Oh well, but it was still a great thrill ride!"
It is more like asking out a 10 to prom early in the prom season, knowing you have 3 other options if that one doesn't say yes.

• Agree
Reactions: dtISU and CySmurf

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
How said is Iowa basketball that their fans have to live for ISU losing recruits to KU or Duke?

Anyways, Juiston is better than what KU has imo, but whether Self would use him in a manner that would facilitate his advantages is unclear. At ISU he can step into the point forward role and rarely come off the floor.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006

Signed-
Tyler Ullis

Reactions: DurangoCy

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA

Some of us understand recruiting. Some of you don't.

Reactions: ca4cy

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Who is going to elevate Iowa to the big NIT dance next year?
Would be great to land these two. Big time championship caliber additions IMO.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Who is going to elevate Iowa to the big NIT dance next year?
Would be great to land these two. Big time championship caliber additions IMO.
They are already decided on the blue herky

cyfamily

Mar 19, 2015
Opened thread to read about ISU bball recruiting, and instead got a huge reminder how obsessed hawks are with us. Hey, little brother, go play in your own sandbox.

• Funny
Reactions: CyclONE Nation

Ajg515

Nov 17, 2016
Des Moines
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there were a couple comments that said, "it was good publicity just to be on the list", or "oh well, it was good just to be on the list".

I'm def not trolling, just saying maybe we should understand what he is saying before we label him a troll. The comment was def off hand and a lil negative, but I didn't think it was a hok troll.

He was just saying we shouldn't get worked up patting ourselves on the back for being mentioned as involved with a guy. Also, I think the ppl who responded to him were *not* the ones saying the things JohnnyDakota was griping about, though. So really, much to do about nothing.

I know I didn't feel that way for ISU being mentioned with Diallo all along just to lose the commit. But the Lawson thing did feel like a (extremely short) "sweepstakes" kinda thing, which was def fun while it lasted.. which was about two hours for me. Then, I checked back to the thread. Told like 15ppl at work about it, then had to go back and relay the horrible KU news.

Kuck Fansas. That is all.

• Disagree
  • Dislike
Reactions: isufbcurt and Rural

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
I don't get why schools like kansas and duke go after these guys. They can get nearly any 5 star recruit immediately eligible. The Lawson brothers both have to sit out and have limited years to play. Seems like duke/ku would benefit from a more fluid roster.

Self loves having guys like this that spend a year pushing guys in practice, working out in Coach Hudy's program and learning the system before they play. HUGE recruiting score for KU. Add in the two top 25 little brothers and the top 10 cousin and this could be a massive haul. Nice!

• Dislike
Reactions: 2020cy

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Isn't Kansas full of scholarships with these 2?

Edit, Twins beat me to it, but losing Graham and Bragg, adding the Lawsons, unless Self Frans someone.
Ku had 2 open schollies if everyone came back so with Bragg leaving they still have one left.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Self loves having guys like this that spend a year pushing guys in practice, working out in Coach Hudy's program and learning the system before they play. HUGE recruiting score for KU. Add in the two top 25 little brothers and the top 10 cousin and this could be a massive haul. Nice!
They'll get Alexandered or Bragged before then.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Correct me if I'm wrong.

They lose Mason, Bragg and Lucas. Bring in 2 freshman and now the Lawson twins. Means 1 dude has to leave just for that to happen and then 1 more for Juiston.
Kansas did not use all of their scholarships last year. Transfer Evan Maxwell transferred in December. His scholly is still available.