T.J. Tampa projected as first round pick going into NFL Combine

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Didn't Lazard have a down year last season?

He had a good fit at GB but we'll see if he sticks in NY. He needs a run game.

Are there other examples of an ISU player outperforming their draft position?
The idea that Lazard going undrafted is some travesty needs to end. Yes he was very valuable for the Packers. But in the end a undrafted guy being a 400 yard 4 TD guy really isn’t noteworthy.

As a Viking fan I hate to say it, but I think LaFleuer is the best offensive mind in the game and knows how to use his guys to leverage their strengths. Watching that 49ers Packers game was eye opening. GB had guys running wide open pretty much all day and Purdy had to throw into non-existent to super-tight windows all game.

Last edited:

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Didn't Lazard have a down year last season?

He had a good fit at GB but we'll see if he sticks in NY. He needs a run game.

Are there other examples of an ISU player outperforming their draft position?
Hardly anyone had a good year on the Jets offense outside of Breece, so you can't ding Lazard too bad for that. He is an UDFA so to be a multi year starter he has definitely exceeded expectations. Breece would be another guy I would argue has outperformed his draft position. A brilliant rookie season cut short by a bad injury only to come back the next year and finish 4th in all purpose yards on the worst offense in the NFL. He's a top 5 back in the NFL and would go in the first round if you were to redraft that class IMO. If he were on a good offense he'd be a superstar.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Wow... a ton of bad takes in the first few pages of this thread. I accept all apologies now.

All I said was I didn't see him as a 1st round pick.

I want him to prove everyone, especially me, wrong though. Rooting for him big time!
Wow... imagine being so excited about being right about a Cyclone not getting drafted high that you have to come back to gloat and rub it in. Cool dude!

cybychoice

Jun 27, 2014
Ankeny
There is a little bias out there in the nfl. When Kamari Lassiter goes 2 rounds ahead of Tampa you know there is, it’s undeniable. The real only difference between these guys beside TJ being bigger is Lassiter played for Georgia

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Wow... imagine being so excited about being right about a Cyclone not getting drafted high that you have to come back to gloat and rub it in. Cool dude!

Do we need to go back to the beginning of this thread and rehash how people reacted towards me for simply saying I thought he was a 2nd or 3rd rounder? So all I was saying is that I didn't think he was a 1st round player... and just got ridiculed for it.

Thp427

Mar 14, 2021
My Steelers need a corner, and I would love for them to take TJ, but I can't imagine he will still be available with their 4th round pick. But who knows, they have had a great draft so far!

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
There is a little bias out there in the nfl. When Kamari Lassiter goes 2 rounds ahead of Tampa you know there is, it’s undeniable. The real only difference between these guys beside TJ being bigger is Lassiter played for Georgia
Lassiter makes no sense. His measurables as a CB are highly questionable.

Tampa is going to be good.

Reactions: cytor

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Didn’t Tampa run a slow 40? Is that the knock? What did he run?
In the low and mid 4.5s. Lassiter was like 4.63 at pro day.

Combine that with more length by Tampa.

But both guys are high productivity, good tape, underwhelming measurement guys.

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site
I really have a hard time understanding how teams selected 8-9 guys over TJ in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.
Either I am not aware of something, or I am really biased. When someone is sitting as the #1 available player for a significant amount of time and they are choosing other CB's, that's a red flag. Did the combine hurt him that much?
He's not even in the top 10 best available on the NFL Network.

• Agree
Reactions: CRcyclone6