ISU in top 6 for 5-star JUCO QB/WR?

CycloneWarrior

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 10, 2008
Urbandale,Ia
ISU is probably in my brother's top 3. After talking last night he will be visiting your school the last week of August! The coaches at your school are really dedicated to building that program and have shown him a ton of love. I will keep you guys posted on whatever he is thinking. Also ISU and a lot more schools have offered Scout just hasn't posted it.

Welcome to CF. And may I ask which brother are you talking about keke or darius

ISU_Alum_2000

All-Star
Oct 21, 2006
Aliso Viejo, CA
I already posted it that he should check out cyclonefanatic

Right, bud... 2 days after my post. :confused: :wink:

Anyway, no sweat. Let's hope he stops by.

Here's another link to a story that talks about a Reedley game:

Scout.com: BC Offense Too Much for Reedley

On offense, it took him a while to figure out what he had. "We started a little slow at QB because we had so many to sift through, but we settled on on Darius Reynolds. He's very athletic, and you'll see him run the ball." And run he did. I can honestly say he is one of the most elusive QBs I've seen, and is not only fast, he's just hard to get a helmet on.

But the pesky Tiger unit started to find a passing game of their own. Reynolds found Jahmeel Hobson on a broken coverage over the middle for a 76 yard TD, cutting the lead to 21-16. It took the Gades on play to get it back when Bower found Snipes deep to make it 28-16. But with 6 minutes to go, Reynolds went deep again, this time to Calvin Sapp on a 50 yard strike, and the Tigers would not be tamed down only 28-23.

OK, I'm done... I promise.

My wife is watching The Bachelorette... what the heck else am I supposed to be doing? :smile:

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
ISU is probably in my brother's top 3. After talking last night he will be visiting your school the last week of August! The coaches at your school are really dedicated to building that program and have shown him a ton of love. I will keep you guys posted on whatever he is thinking. Also ISU and a lot more schools have offered Scout just hasn't posted it.

We would love to have him. ISU is a great place to go to school.

ISU_Alum_2000

All-Star
Oct 21, 2006
Aliso Viejo, CA
Oh... hey, City. Welcome. Thanks for stopping by.

The last week of August....? Hopefully that means he will be in Jack Trice Stadium for the opener on 8/28. :yes:

Maybe he'll catch a play like this one from another former central CA JuCo QB (and now current Seattle Seahawk)...

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=i7gPOl_F8HQ]YouTube - Seneca Wallace - "The Run"[/ame]

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=KwqXK_gN974]YouTube - Seneca Wallace - "The Run"[/ame]

TheCity

Jul 8, 2008
The City, VA to CA
Welcome to CF. And may I ask which brother are you talking about keke or darius
I see that you know about them both. I'm talking about Money or Darius you could say. Back home he's always been known as D.Money. Look him up on old NFL films Pop Warner footage, he played on ESPN twice as a QB in the Super Bowl. Lol! Way back in the day. Yes he was number 4 last year but he's been #7 all his life so he's switching back. He wore 4 because it was my other brother Keke or Kidd's number in high school. They are 2 years apart but equally talented. Reedley will have a great year with them!

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
If he's not his brother- that's just sad and disgusting. But if he is, think about how he feels to be interrogated for something that really doesn't matter. If he is his brother, great; if not, it won't make a difference toward recruiting him to ISU.

TheCity

Jul 8, 2008
The City, VA to CA
Oh... hey, City. Welcome. Thanks for stopping by.

The last week of August....? Hopefully that means he will be in Jack Trice Stadium for the opener on 8/28. :yes:

Maybe he'll catch a play like this one from another former central CA JuCo QB (and now current Seattle Seahawk)...

YouTube - Seneca Wallace - "The Run"

YouTube - Seneca Wallace - "The Run"

Yep we will be there for the game! He was always a big Seneca Wallace fan growing up. He wants a shot at QB for the Clones, we will see I guess!?!

TheCity

Jul 8, 2008
The City, VA to CA
If he's not his brother- that's just sad and disgusting. But if he is, think about how he feels to be interrogated for something that really doesn't matter. If he is his brother, great; if not, it won't make a difference toward recruiting him to ISU.
Lol you think I would be up at 2:15 (Virginia time) introducing someone who was not my brother? I'm the oldest, there are 4 of us, we have 1 sister, anything else you can PM me.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
Could you tell us the other schools that have offered? I'm curious to know exactly what we're up against. What is he looking for as far as a program, academics, etc. Is he a QB for sure, or is there a possibility he would be playing another position?

TheCity

Jul 8, 2008
The City, VA to CA
Could you tell us the other schools that have offered? I'm curious to know exactly what we're up against. What is he looking for as far as a program, academics, etc. Is he a QB for sure, or is there a possibility he would be playing another position?

Truthfully I don't know the list and I don't want to say anything without his permission. I just know that ISU is high on the list because they were actually the 1st to send him a letter in high school! You're under a new coaching staff but still they were first. He wants to go into some sort of media field as far as school goes. He is considering playing WR for you guys because coach C guaranteed him the ball. He's a very humble young man with a great gift. Ill keep you informed though.

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
It is something special at ISU, This new staff is building something great, and i can tell you that all of Gene Chizik's current players will tell you that they are blessed to be playing for this team and coaching staff. Darius would enjoy the big 12 spotlight at ISU.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Lol you think I would be up at 2:15 (Virginia time) introducing someone who was not my brother? I'm the oldest, there are 4 of us, we have 1 sister, anything else you can PM me.

No offense, but we've seen exactly this type of stuff before that turned out to be bogus - so the folks here are a bit cautious believing what some random person says on the internet.

I did read your stuff on scout and I do believe you're legit. Regardless, I'm more excited about this kind of prospect having ISU on his radar.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Looks good. The wierd part is he is in Virginia and not one Virginia team is recruiting him. That is kind of different. Could you imagine a 5 star in Iowa and Iowa State and Iowa don't go after him. I wonder if someone knows more than we do about the kid.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Looks good. The wierd part is he is in Virginia and not one Virginia team is recruiting him. That is kind of different. Could you imagine a 5 star in Iowa and Iowa State and Iowa don't go after him. I wonder if someone knows more than we do about the kid.

I believe the Juco he is going to is in California. Could be wrong though

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
Yep we will be there for the game! He was always a big Seneca Wallace fan growing up. He wants a shot at QB for the Clones, we will see I guess!?!
Phillip Bates, Austen Arnaud, Darius Reynold's?:wideeyed::wideeyed: Can you say three headed monster?:notworthy:

Help Support Us

Become a patron