ISU Athletics: No More Spin

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
I've always been a fan of Pollard but this latest news really has you scratching your head. I have a soon to be in-law that has some very strong connections to some prominent people in the NCAA and she is not a Pollard fan. She won't tell me why because she claims if she told me I'd be really disappointed and that she'd rather I keep on thinking of him as I do now instead of what I might if I knew what she knew. That bit of the unknown scares the crap out of me now after this Cael mess. Who saw this one coming? There just HAS to be something that stinks of rotten because one of our own "golden boys" doesn't just up and leave us like that without a damn good reason.

I'm not going to repeat what some have said regarding all the coaching changes, players leaving, etc. but even I as an optimist and JP supporter am really scratching my head on this one and starting to wonder if our problems our not our coaches but higher up on the food chain that is holding us back from getting to where we want to get to. I'm going to give JP the benefit of the doubt still but I think my level of belief that all these series of events are just bad luck or coincidental is not what it used to be.
Yeah, it's called 1.5 million dollars. That's more than our football coach will make this year.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Yeah, it's called 1.5 million dollars. That's more than our football coach will make this year.

Money is one thing but I doubt that ISU didn't offer to sweeten the pot to keep him either. ISU is always right up there in the top 3 of wrestling on a yearly basis and you don't think Cael didn't have the support and resources here to win a national title? If Cael was content at ISU why would he even entertain interviewing for another job?

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA

you are prepared to retract all statements if it comes out that he's not making that right?

don't believe everything on the internet ... unless its a rumor about a coach or player leaving the program

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Besides the years 2000 and 2001..... when has ISU had 'good athletics?

I dont remember any.... we are usually middle of the Big 12 at best... but the games are just as fun and I keep watching and donating.

Stumpy

Apr 10, 2006
Tucson, AZ
Man, who peed in everyone's Wheaties this morning?

Wheaties_autograph.jpg

Oh. Really? Well that's kind of coincidental.

Reactions: CycloneErik

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron