Is TJ out of gas?

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
I doubt there's any locker room issues. Unless you classify locker room issues as not having skilled enough guys that can create and get a bucket. And Grill absolutely got alpha'ed by Assberries tonight

Honestly, with that display of his at the end of the game today I can understand why opposing fans in the Big 12 can't stand him. I was not impressed.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
I don't give 2 ***** about K-State basketball, never have, never will, never been to a basketball game there, can only name 2 players on their team, Johnson and Nowell.

Just stop with this bs. If they make the tourney ill watch then. It was fun the first 3 or 4 weeks of Big 12 play but there's not much left to play for except hoping they don't slide down into an 8-9 type game.

See ya next game, bud! :D

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
See ya next game, bud! :D
Nah, I'm done, why would anyone want to watch this meltdown continue. That's 6 out of 8 losses now. I told people on here they out of sync a couple weeks ago.

I honestly though it was because Grill was banged up and Jaz was out. Now they are both healthy and we loom even worse every game.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
This game is what I would call the Morgantown hangover. Late, late night and flight back to town after 40 minutes of body banging. We looked the part of an exhausted crew. Give them Sunday and Monday off and flush this

• Agree
Reactions: cayin

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Nah, I'm done, why would anyone want to watch this meltdown continue. That's 6 out of 8 losses now. I told people on here they out of sync a couple weeks ago.

I honestly though it was because Grill was banged up and Jaz was out. Now they are both healthy and we loom even worse every game.

It’s frustrating. We beat Kansas, Texas, and Kansas State at home, but lose to Tech and West Virginia and get swept by Oklahoma State. This team is a real Jekyll and Hyde.

• Agree
Reactions: CyBobby

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I don't think TJ is sweating enough. Any other ridiculous CF cliches we can pull out of the chest?

Game thread:
-Body Language
-crowd wasn't enough
-refs
-those slight snippets of a certain group that didn't want a certain person to get hired because certain blue blood level coaches weren't in on the email chain/FB post.

Amac12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 21, 2020
TJ is great at assembling teams, getting them to peak, and instilling a great overall brand of team basketball, but his in-game tactics leave lots to be desired. We don't adjust, we don't utilize timeouts very well (set plays), and at times our rotations leave a lot to be desired.

Otz has to figure out a way to get guys to play better fundamental defense. Too often guys like King, Holmes, and Osun overcommit and leave shooters wide open. Jones CONSTANTLY leaves the floor on pump fakes. Grill is losing composure. Instead of playing smarter he's acting like a brat on the court. The offense is too stagnant, with poor screening and movement with the ball. OSU was able to drive guys 7 feet beyond the arc. We consistently have issues reversing course once things turn negative, especially in the 2nd half.
You can only adjust so much with our talent. I totally agree with our rotations as there were times when I wondered who the hell was going to score. I loved how Okie State played straight up man where we keep trapping and double teaming and leaving people wide open for 3 or layups.

• Agree
Reactions: quasistellar

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Honestly, with that display of his at the end of the game today I can understand why opposing fans in the Big 12 can't stand him. I was not impressed.

Are you talking about Grill?

His trolling was kind of funny in some games but that **** is what we mock Iowa about for good reason.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
I don't give 2 ***** about K-State basketball, never have, never will, never been to a basketball game there, can only name 2 players on their team, Johnson and Nowell.

Just stop with this bs. If they make the tourney ill watch then. It was fun the first 3 or 4 weeks of Big 12 play but there's not much left to play for except hoping they don't slide down into an 8-9 type game.
So you only cheer for successful teams? Got it.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Does this mean no more posting?
Probably about this basktball team, at least until March Madness. I'll post in other threads and in the General College BB thread but this team is just too frustrating to waste anymore time on this regular season.

I've been watching basketball for 35 years and never seen anything remotely close to this before.

We are absolutely running Texas, Kansas, and Baylor out of the gym. If you watch alot of other games it's clear all 3 of those teams have Elite 8 potential at the very least and they weren competitive at all with us in Ames, then we turn around and can't beat the bottom of the league. It makes absolutely no sense at all.

I thought we just got beat by a good West Virginia team the other night. I watched them against Texas today and they are terrible.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
Any chance they are mentally exhausted from practice? The announcers were talking about how hard they were working earlier today

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Are you talking about Grill?

His trolling was kind of funny in some games but that **** is what we mock Iowa about for good reason.

Yep.

I just looked up the box score; he, Gabe, and Jaren shot a combined 5-25 from the field tonight. Ironically all of those makes were 3-pointers, which is normally good, but they couldn't make anything from inside the arc.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron