Is TJ out of gas?

• We Will Collective May Donor Drive - Last Day, Help Needed!

We're in the final hours of a critical push to signup donors for the May Donor Drive. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Yep.

I just looked up the box score; he, Gabe, and Jaren shot a combined 5-25 from the field tonight. Ironically all of those makes were 3-pointers, which is normally good, but they couldn't make anything from inside the arc.

Jaren is the only one who can really find his way to the basket but OSU had the perfect switch to not give him a good look and then Gabe and Grill aren't exactly Tinsley at getting to the hoop.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Probably about this basktball team, at least until March Madness. I'll post in other threads and in the General College BB thread but this team is just too frustrating to waste anymore time on this regular season.

I've been watching basketball for 35 years and never seen anything remotely close to this before.

We are absolutely running Texas, Kansas, and Baylor out of the gym. If you watch alot of other games it's clear all 3 of those teams have Elite 8 potential at the very least and they weren competitive at all with us in Ames, then we turn around and can't beat the bottom of the league. It makes absolutely no sense at all.

I thought we just got beat by a good West Virginia team the other night. I watched them against Texas today and they are terrible.

Remember when Johnny Orr used to do this kind of season often and then Floyd lost at Hilton and Fred lost against middling teams? And when KU got housed at home by TCU?

Honestly a break might be the best thing if it's not healthy to watch.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Remember when Johnny Orr used to do this kind of season often and then Floyd lost at Hilton and Fred lost against middling teams? And when KU got housed at home by TCU?

Honestly a break might be the best thing if it's not healthy to watch.
Yeah, I remember all that, I dont remember any of them having stretches where they woul lose 6 out of 8 though like this.

I think we did the same thing last year where we lost 6 out of 8 halfway through the year.

This seems to be a Prohm and TJ phenomenon where they hit a rough patch then can't stop the free fall.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
I don't want anything to do with them or anyone like them.

Boynton seems to get a lot of unearned crap from people on here, but IMO he's a damn good coach. IIRC his first team swept Kansas, which needless to say is pretty damn impressive for a first year head coach.

He seems to have had our number recently, regardless of who our coach is.

Reactions: 1UNI2ISU

cyclo120

Apr 11, 2006
If he wasn’t recruiting as well as he is I would be concerned about ever being good enough offensively to compete at a high level, but still overachieving with team, doesn’t make this loss any worse and mean he can’t be criticized though.

• Dumb
Reactions: simply1

I@ST1

Dec 15, 2020
If he wasn’t recruiting as well as he is I would be concerned about ever being good enough offensively to compete at a high level, but still overachieving with team, doesn’t make this loss any worse and mean he can’t be criticized though.

What?!

Reactions: JimmyChitwood

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
Boynton seems to get a lot of unearned crap from people on here, but IMO he's a damn good coach. IIRC his first team swept Kansas, which needless to say is pretty damn impressive for a first year head coach.

He seems to have had our number recently, regardless of who our coach is.

He’s done better than I expected at OSU, but after tonight, he can get intercoursed by a rusty chainsaw. There’s a difference between playing physically and playing violently, and tonight was some high level BS.

Also, if your team shoots 9-19 from the line, including missing the front end of FOUR 1-and-1s… sometimes it’s just not your night.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I don't think TJ is sweating enough. Any other ridiculous CF cliches we can pull out of the chest?
He wore a black polo last game and white today.....hid the pitting out we see when he wears the reds and greys.....check his shirt color before posting this crap!

Lol, kidding

Reactions: CloneLawman

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Do any of you not think the OP was just trying to lighten things up?

And if anyone is done, be ******* done and get out. Last year mid Jan to mid Feb we lost 6 of 8, and it looks like we could easily do it again.

We were lethargic as **** tonight but this team under TJ has for the most part punched above their weight. Give them a chance to get it right.

Reactions: NWICY

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
This game is what I would call the Morgantown hangover. Late, late night and flight back to town after 40 minutes of body banging. We looked the part of an exhausted crew. Give them Sunday and Monday off and flush this
Obviously WVU felt it too, they got their @sses kicked today. Our game with them was a war and it took a lot out of both teams. We killed KU because we were fresh, if you guys recall, we played on Monday so we got 4 1/4 days rest when we took the court against them