Is anyone on here going to watch the CFP Championship?

Will you watch the CFP Championship on January 10th?

• Yes I always watch.

Votes: 54 14.5%
  • Yes/Probably It is the last game of the year.

Votes: 62 16.6%
  • No Who wants to see a repeat of the SEC Championship Game

Votes: 149 39.9%
  • No F*** the SEC

Votes: 108 29.0%

• Total voters

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I will watch. I love College Football and it is a long damn time till next season starts. It's the two best teams and I don't care if it's SEC, Pac 12, or ACC teams, etc.

I get people are tired of Bama/SEC fatigue but the other programs across the country need to step up and beat them. To be the champ you have to beat the champ.

You do realize how they keep making that more difficult? The NIL money flow and the efforts to destroy conferences all rig the system to the point that it becomes even more difficult.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Alabama will win easily, again. Getting a little tiresome. Kirby Smart FLIPPING out on his QB at halftime against Michigan up 24 was a total embarrassment. He can’t beat Nick.

I still think that was all for show. That last drive was a sham. If he was so outraged he would of used his last timeout. He just wanted to go into half, it was a mercy drive/pity party.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
@jctisu They had their chance on the field, no wins equal to at ND, yet were ahead of Cincy. Wow, doesn't the season matter anymore? Not like the good ole days of BCS #1 vs #2.

LOL
Man I am really living rent free in your head. I didn't even comment on anything. Must suck to be owned by me every step of the way. It's ok, maybe this year will be better for your brain to heal up.

• Haha
Reactions: WhoISthis

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
By that logic Alabama lost theirs to TAMU. All hail Cincinnati, the 2021 CFP national champions.

Edit: I have to point out that your post doesn’t have anything to do with the reasons I’ve stated for my preference. It’s you either not undestanding my posts, or you deliberately misconstruing them to try to paint a picture I would never paint.
I'm trying to understand your reasoning. I think the first thing to discuss, is what it the point of a post-season. Is it just a reward? Or is it more of trying to have a the champion be as good of measure of best team as practically possible?

Imo, it is more the latter. Have some manner of sample size, although small and unequitable, to find what tier of teams suggest they could be the best. Then have a playoff of those teams, albeit any single elimination not sufficient, just practical for football.

How do you feel about a hypothetical setup with 4 conferences, with each having a conference semi-final, then conference winners go to the CFP? That is basically an 16 team playoff with equitable access to every team in P4, albeit not necessarily fair access. The two best teams being in the same conference would be an issue if having the champion be the as good of measure of best team is to be heavily weighted.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Man I am really living rent free in your head. I didn't even comment on anything. Must suck to be owned by me every step of the way. It's ok, maybe this year will be better for your brain to heal up.
It seems like you're taking this personally. Don't, I believe you noted that I post a lot with everyone, so surely you can see your contradiction.

Now, care to stay on topic and respond, or are you just that flustered?

Let me repeat- they had their chance on the field, no wins equal to at ND, yet were ahead of Cincy. Wow, doesn't the season matter anymore? Not like the good ole days of BCS #1 vs #2.

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
I don't like the rematch but this is the system we have. It's not going to change until ratings fall or the SEC doesn't make it a few years in a row.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
It seems like you're taking this personally. Don't, I believe you noted that I post a lot with everyone, so surely you can see your contradiction.

Let me repeat- they had their chance on the field, no wins equal to at ND, yet were ahead of Cincy. Wow, doesn't the season matter anymore? Not like the good ole days of BCS #1 vs #2.
Ditto to the bolded. You are just upset someone called you on your crap here, and you can't believe someone actually stood up to you. I don't stand for anyone who thinks they are never wrong and consistently addresses people in a way on here that reeks of "I am better than you." You don't discuss, you talk at people, and you do it in a demeaning way.

I admit I have come at you and have been wrong for doing so at times, but you've earned it at this point. You don't want a discussion. You want to be "right" and have people tell you you are right.

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
Not going to watch because I am sick of the $EC and the ESPN marketing machine that pimps this playoff stuff all year long so they can create Tuesday night studio programming during the season and endless halftime takes on upcoming playoff games during bowl season. It's manufactured hype that just gets repeated over and over and by the end of the semi-finals I can't stand it anymore. College football is exciting enough. Can't argue that Alabama and Georgia aren't the two best teams. It's clear they are. Love bowl season and hope it stays around because it always produces interesting matchups and some classic games. But once New Years is over, the season is over for me.

College football needs some kind of commissioner structure to promote the good of the game. With all the money floating around, they need to look to the NFL for some ideas and rules to get control of the wild west environment that's emerging. I like the portal and we are stuck with NIL, but there needs to be some tampering rules that would slow down player and coaching movement during the height of the season. Also, one final thing. Everybody needs to play the same number of conference games and it's time for FBS teams to stop playing FCS. Who knows what might have happened to Alabama and Georgia if they would have had to play nine conference games and forego their November cupcake matchup.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
I am kinda curious what the ratings will be compared to years past. The main thing that will make it high is people staying home due to Covid. It doesn't interest me. Why would I want to see SEC 2 if I didn't care for the first version? If the ratings are less than expected maybe Disney would take notice, but I doubt it.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown

The good ole days of the BCS.....

If we ever needed a sentence to sum up just how ****** up the playoff system is. The BCS was crappy and needed to go.

The problem is the BCS was replaced with a system with even more of a human element that can be manipulated.

I barely watched college ball this year. Not watching New Years games for the first time since diapers. Won't watch the championship. They've almost lost me

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
I generally miss/skip NCCA championship games because of the nonsense Monday night scheduling.

But 2 teams I’m not the least bit connected to or interested in won’t help.

• Agree
Reactions: Macloney

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
The good ole days of the BCS.....

If we ever needed a sentence to sum up just how ****** up the playoff system is. The BCS was crappy and needed to go.

The problem is the BCS was replaced with a system with even more of a human element that can be manipulated.

I barely watched college ball this year. Not watching New Years games for the first time since diapers. Won't watch the championship. They've almost lost me
The old BCS was flawed.

What do you mean on more manipulative human element? I guess it can keep the best four out. Was is manipulative to have UGa or Bama? I don't think so. Most would agree on UM. So was human element manipulative on Cincy? Well, some computers would not have had them in. Is that what you're suggesting?

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
I am kinda curious what the ratings will be compared to years past. The main thing that will make it high is people staying home due to Covid. It doesn't interest me. Why would I want to see SEC 2 if I didn't care for the first version? If the ratings are less than expected maybe Disney would take notice, but I doubt it.
The SECCG did well

Going back, the rematch of Bama-LSU in 2012 was the third lowest title game of the BCS era to that point. Granted the state of Georgia has over double the population of LSU, but most of the hit is coming from outside the SEC footprint.

• Informative
Reactions: Kinch

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Ditto to the bolded. You are just upset someone called you on your crap here, and you can't believe someone actually stood up to you. I don't stand for anyone who thinks they are never wrong and consistently addresses people in a way on here that reeks of "I am better than you." You don't discuss, you talk at people, and you do it in a demeaning way.

I admit I have come at you and have been wrong for doing so at times, but you've earned it at this point. You don't want a discussion. You want to be "right" and have people tell you you are right.
Wow, no offense, but you're becoming unhinged. You take this WAY too personally. Stood up to me? LMAO. This is not a fight, this is a disagreement on a message board. calm down, relax, you'll be okay. And I am going to continue to argue with you and anyone else, and you'll respond with your disagreements....because you think you're wrong? Lol, you have zero point there.

Now, about the BCS bowl system and its flaws. Care to stand up for you position?

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Wow, no offense, but you're becoming unhinged. You take this WAY too personally. Stood up to me? LMAO. This is not a fight, this is a disagreement on a message board. calm down, relax, you'll be okay. And I am going to continue to argue with you and anyone else, and you'll respond with your disagreements....because you think you're wrong? Lol, you have zero point there.

Now, about the BCS bowl system and its flaws. Care to stand up for you position?
Still been waiting for your point on anything. You've touted Ohio State should be in the CFP this year instead of Cincy, so I asked why some time back and never got a real answer.

I do enjoy how you assume to know me at all. Unhinged? Sir or ma'am I am completely fine over here. I stand by my statement that you aren't looking for discussion. You are looking for people to agree with you only and that's it. We are just going to agree to disagree at this point.

And I have several DMs from others on here that are in full agreement about you, so it isn't just me. I've just been one of a few that has challenged your own "challenges". I say that because I had an opinion several weeks ago about a topic where I offered a simple opinion on what I THOUGHT may happen with NIL. You disagreed with it, but you didn't just disagree with it. Your exact words were, "You deserved to be called out for that." And what I said merited no reaction like that whatsoever because it was something simple around how I thought perhaps NIL could benefit us at some point.

You are clearly a data-driven guy, so that's why you and I aren't going to get along either. I speak more around general perception and feel for my opinions, whereas you appear to be metrics and data. That's fine and I am cool with you being like that because everyone has their own thing. The issue is you are like many data-driven people where it's all about numbers and data, and you are stuck in that thought only.

You can't accept that some people just have a feeling, thought or opinion based on things that aren't strictly data.

And maybe I am wrong in everything I said and you aren't a data-only guy. Just appears to be that way, and you have a major issue with people who just post a feeling or opinion unless it's backed up by mountains of research and data. It's sports man, calm down. It isn't that big of a deal. It's what every sports fan does in a bar.

Would love to actually have a discussion with you, but I am not sure you are able to with someone who doesn't think exactly like you. Just being honest, but I would love to try. Your attack at my simple post several weeks ago, when I didn't even know you, had interacted with you or gave you ANY reason to come in guns blazing with a statement like "YOU DESERVE TO BE CALLED OUT FOR THAT!" on something where I did not at all tells me a lot about you. Been trying to give you feedback at times to just work on your approach on here, and you won't take feedback. Even when I am not throwing shots at you.

Have to be able to take feedback man.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017

I will try this discussion, but I don't believe I have even stated my position on the BCS and bowl system other than the bowls are just a glorified exhibition season that still does carry some merit, as two things can be true.

So if you could tell me what my stance is on the BCS and system I am all ears to hear what you think it is because I haven't stated it.