Is anyone on here going to watch the CFP Championship?

Will you watch the CFP Championship on January 10th?

• Yes I always watch.

Votes: 54 14.5%
  • Yes/Probably It is the last game of the year.

Votes: 62 16.6%
  • No Who wants to see a repeat of the SEC Championship Game

Votes: 149 39.9%
  • No F*** the SEC

Votes: 108 29.0%

• Total voters

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Still been waiting for your point on anything. You've touted Ohio State should be in the CFP this year instead of Cincy, so I asked why some time back and never got a real answer.

I do enjoy how you assume to know me at all. Unhinged? Sir or ma'am I am completely fine over here. I stand by my statement that you aren't looking for discussion. You are looking for people to agree with you only and that's it. We are just going to agree to disagree at this point.

And I have several DMs from others on here that are in full agreement about you, so it isn't just me. I've just been one of a few that has challenged your own "challenges". I say that because I had an opinion several weeks ago about a topic where I offered a simple opinion on what I THOUGHT may happen with NIL. You disagreed with it, but you didn't just disagree with it. Your exact words were, "You deserved to be called out for that." And what I said merited no reaction like that whatsoever because it was something simple around how I thought perhaps NIL could benefit us at some point.

You are clearly a data-driven guy, so that's why you and I aren't going to get along either. I speak more around general perception and feel for my opinions, whereas you appear to be metrics and data. That's fine and I am cool with you being like that because everyone has their own thing. The issue is you are like many data-driven people where it's all about numbers and data, and you are stuck in that thought only.

You can't accept that some people just have a feeling, thought or opinion based on things that aren't strictly data.

And maybe I am wrong in everything I said and you aren't a data-only guy. Just appears to be that way, and you have a major issue with people who just post a feeling or opinion unless it's backed up by mountains of research and data. It's sports man, calm down. It isn't that big of a deal. It's what every sports fan does in a bar.

Would love to actually have a discussion with you, but I am not sure you are able to with someone who doesn't think exactly like you. Just being honest, but I would love to try. Your attack at my simple post several weeks ago, when I didn't even know you, had interacted with you or gave you ANY reason to come in guns blazing with a statement like "YOU DESERVE TO BE CALLED OUT FOR THAT!" on something where I did not at all tells me a lot about you. Been trying to give you feedback at times to just work on your approach on here, and you won't take feedback. Even when I am not throwing shots at you.

Have to be able to take feedback man.
No, you mean you're waiting on understanding my point. Whether I did a good job in helping you, apparently not, but ultimately it's on you. I am willing to go back and forth as long as needed.

I get that is it tough to understand the nuance in contending the committee should adjust the weighting of the season award portion and just the best four teams. For example, Cincy had a better record and singular best win in comparison to UGa, but UGa was the higher seed. They should do more of that. Be less punitive to losses, and be more about whether the invited teams can beat the one-seed on their best day. Or, expand the playoffs. As we've noted, that is not two contradictory positions, like you once thought.

You are being unhinged, but that's okay. You're not standing up to me, if anything I view you as doing pretty much what I would hope, even if unknowingly so on your part- I've enjoyed your continued willingness to stick with it and keep on ironing out our difference in opinion. Whether you think that is a fight, I don't care. It is not that I don't hear your feedback, I don't care unless it is not about the reasoning in our contentions. That is why we're still discussing- most times you are trying to find holes in my contention, and that is great and what is desired. Although, obviously most often I have disagreed with your rebuttal, but that is why we keep responding. Disagreement will be a longer convo than agreeing. Nearly all post contentions because they believe in them, you and me both included, and such claims are an invitation to challenged and defended.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Let's look at it this way, Michigan sure didn't belong, who else is there?

Maybe four is too many.
There were 68 teams in March madness last season just for it to come down to 1Gonzaga and 1 Baylor. Does that mean the other 66 should have stayed home? Or that the other tournament games weren’t a thrill for everyone involved?

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
~70% of people not watching according to poll

hopefully espn ratings are bad for the title

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Alabama already beat Georgia in the post season. We already know the result. Alabama has proven they are better and it isn’t fair to them to have to do it again. It would be one thing if every champion had a chance but they don’t and it’s stupid.

Then why aren’t we considered Big 12 champions last year?

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
Then why aren’t we considered Big 12 champions last year?
because the big 12 and networks wanted to earn extra money so they made up a game that doesn't really need to be played when we have 10 teams and round robin (will change soon with additions)

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Blandboy

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
I will, but like others I don't care for re-matches. On the other hand, who else would you like to see Alabama play? Baylor? Utah? Michigan? Pitt?

FWIW, I think re-matches are usually won by the overall better team. IMO, I think Georgia is an overall better team and will win even though Alabama clocked 'em in Atlanta.

FWIW, I was at the Cotton Bowl, and here is a pic from my seat! 2021 Cotton Bowl_123121.jpg

Reactions: CyclonesRock

Lemoore85

Dec 9, 2021
Definitely not. Don’t need to, Alabama will win.

I agree; Bama has beaten UGA 7 in a row dating back to 2008, and I don't see this one turning out any differently. There is a bit of an afterglow for Georgia now after they wiped out Michigan, but that will fade. I might go watch this in Savannah, Georgia, amongst the Bama/Dawg fans, should be crazy....

PSYclone22

Visual Analytics Mercenary
SuperFanatic
Aug 15, 2012
Des Moines
Many people saying Alabama will win while Vegas says Georgia is the slight favorite seems like it could net many people lots of money.

Blandboy

Mar 31, 2006
Bettendorf
I won't watch. I'm burned out on fb, but that happens every year. May watch the Super Bowl, but depends on who's playing.

Enjoying OtzBall, instead.

Blandboy

Mar 31, 2006
Bettendorf
Ditto to the bolded. You are just upset someone called you on your crap here, and you can't believe someone actually stood up to you. I don't stand for anyone who thinks they are never wrong and consistently addresses people in a way on here that reeks of "I am better than you." You don't discuss, you talk at people, and you do it in a demeaning way.

I admit I have come at you and have been wrong for doing so at times, but you've earned it at this point. You don't want a discussion. You want to be "right" and have people tell you you are right.

Why don't you two take this cat-fight off-line?

• Optimistic
Reactions: VeloClone

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Credit to Georgia and Alabama but I have more interest in Canadian football than an SEC rematch.

Not sure what can be done about it though, they are the two best teams. Only way around this is no at large bids and that’ll never happen.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron