Is a Hawk running SI on Campus?

Clone9

Nov 12, 2006
Boston, MA
What's the deal with SI on Campus bashing ISU?

There's another negative story today....including (I think) a picture of an ISU cheerleader in the cover picture.

Here's the link, just click the picture for the story.

SI.com - SI On Campus

Bashing Fizer, while it may be accurate, is not cool with me.

JonDMiller

Jun 2, 2006
This has to happen on every campus. I knew some folks that did this back when I was in school, because they were in over their heads to bookies.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL

There's another negative story today....including (I think) a picture of an ISU cheerleader in the cover picture.

SI.com - SI On Campus

At least the cheerleader is hot! :wink:

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
In a scene that would make Seinfeld's Mr. Bookman proud, an Iowa State student was nabbed trying to steal a text book. If only the Iowa State police could figure out how former Cyclone Marcus Fizer was able to steal an NBA paycheck for five seasons (he's now playing in Israel, in case you were wondering), we could rest easier.

That's what upset you so much?

Try to smile.

DJKHawk

Dec 22, 2007
Iowa City, Iowa
I don't care who you are, that cheerleader is a fine representation of Iowa State. :)

Did anyone actually read about the book sting? I know I didn't.

Hilz4cy

Jan 22, 2008
West Des Moines

SI.com - SI On Campus

That may be the hottest ISU cheerleader I've ever seen, nice work ISU. =)

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
I don't care who you are, that cheerleader is a fine representation of Iowa State. :)

Did anyone actually read about the book sting? I know I didn't.

She's a nice enough girl, her voice makes one want to bash their head into a bunch of rusty nails tho. Nice to look at I suppose :cool:

CloneForever

Apr 11, 2006
If it's accurate...then why is it an issue?

It has nothing to do with Fizer or ISU athletics, yet he implies that it does by association. The story is accurate but the implications are not valid.

Or as was asked in the Movie, "Absence of Malice":

Is the story true?

Yes, but it is not accurate.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
This has to happen on every campus. I knew some folks that did this back when I was in school, because they were in over their heads to bookies.

This could explain your low CyCredit count and bet statistics. :wink:

I have this friend that has this problem but he doesn't want to talk to anybody about it.....:skeptical:

-keep.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
For people who are too lazy to open the link.

Book Sting at Iowa State In a scene that would make Seinfeld's Mr. Bookman proud, an Iowa State student was nabbed trying to steal a text book. If only the Iowa State police could figure out how former Cyclone Marcus Fizer was able to steal an NBA paycheck for five seasons (he's now playing in Israel, in case you were wondering), we could rest easier.

OMG a student got caught stealing! Stop the presses!! You could replace Marcus Fizer with 100 different guys names.

RedStorm

Apr 11, 2006
It has nothing to do with Fizer or ISU athletics, yet he implies that it does by association. The story is accurate but the implications are not valid.

Or as was asked in the Movie, "Absence of Malice":

Is the story true?

Yes, but it is not accurate.

The guy was just making a joke about Fizer...who cares. My issue with the story is the kid taking the books had no association with the Athletic Department so why is SI reporting on it. I could see "the scoop" if it would have been an athlete getting busted. Oh, well....at least the I - State chearleader on the front is smokin' hot.

Last edited:

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
From what I heard... the cops were waiting for them outside see... yeah thats the ticket. It is soooo easy to get theft charge in Ames.. all you have to do is walk out of a library and they will arrest you.

If the ames police had half as many cops they could still serve the public just fine.

FWIW: .dont...click....me...

- keep.

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
I know there use to be an ISU person that worked for SI on Campus back when they had a print edition. Which lead to some good pub on ISU. Who knows who works there now.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron