Iowa's president seems to threaten future of Cy-Hawk game

End the Iowa Series?

• Yes

Votes: 189 38.9%
  • No

Votes: 297 61.1%

• Total voters
Jan 28, 2020
I like how you’re subtly trying to hype up Barta being on that committee like it’s a personal accomplishment of yours.

He isn’t just on the committee he was asked to be the Chairman. That is what people who actually matter think about Gary. But do carry on with the typical isu pettiness. At least you have something to take your mind off of the basketball season.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I'm sorry that so many of your believe Pollards misinformation campaign. There are unfortunately for Jamie emails that were released that prove that no exit route or guidance was given to the band on how to exit the stadium. https://www.press-citizen.com/story...-marching-band-cy-hawk-game-abuse/3786817002/

Since an ISU official is screaming at them to get off the field, WTF are they supposed to do? As I said, and can prove, no instruction was given on exiting the stadium, and there is no way for a guest to understand the gates, construction and congestion of a stadium they don't routinely visit. They simply headed for the buses that they needed to get on. The band wanted to wait until people were gone, they were not given instruction on how to get to the bus, and yet you want to blame the band?

"We took the exit closest to our buses, which seemed like the safest route at the time," the director wrote in an email to a former student. The Iowa City Press-Citizen verified the authenticity of the email. "Had the ISU Director of Facilities and Grounds not angrily kicked us off the field post-game, I would have chosen to allow the HMB to remain on the field much longer to let more of the crowd dissipate."

Bush also noted that where the buses were parked was the choice of Iowa State officials.

To the former student, Bush lamented that his organization was said to be at fault for putting students in an unsafe situation. He forwarded an email from the Iowa State band director that detailed game-day directions. The email includes information on how to enter the stadium through the south gate, but does not show directions for how to leave the stadium.

In the link that you provided and have referenced 3 times you seemed have left out this little nugget.

At a news conference Tuesday, Pollard said the "misinformation that continues to be perpetuated has to stop." He said that Iowa State's security team told the UI marching band to exit through the same south gate as the Iowa State marching band. He noted that the Iowa State marching band exited the stadium without incident.

So security told the Iowa band director which gate to leave, the email saying which gate they were suppose to enter the stadium really doesn't matter now does it.
If you watch the video showing the band leaving the stadium, if they would have waited less than 5 minutes the area was generally clear of people in that area. And that did include the Iowa band, pushing its way through the crowd.

So he marches to the westside, after being told to go out the east gate, which he would have seen the Iowa football team leave by, and the Iowa State Band minutes before, and sees the crowd, instead of waiting what turned out less than 5 minitues, the band director makes the decision to start playing the fight song, and march his band into the crowd.
Do not say the band director took the most direct path, it would not have matter whether they left from the east or west gate, the difference would be the same, as they were on the east side and had to march over the westside, somehow that is going to save him more time doing it in the stadium as opposed to outside on the north end?

And somehow this is ISU fault?

Last edited:

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
He isn’t just on the committee he was asked to be the Chairman. That is what people who actually matter think about Gary. But do carry on with the typical isu pettiness. At least you have something to take your mind off of the basketball season.
I’m really happy for you that Gary is in that position now.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Go back to Pollard and demand he go after Iowa with a lawsuit . I would love to see Pollard and others in isu Leadership answering questions under oath and turning over emails.

Come on CyTwins tell Pollard this is his chance to really show the world who the “bear” is. If anyone can do it you can.

Jeff, nice to see you are back on, or is it Herkyfan, over here, like it is on the Iowa board. This is at least the 3rd maybe 4th time you have joined this board. An A for trying.

You ever notice how you tell who some people are by the way they post? It does not matter what name they go under, their style and their complaints never change.

How long do you think you will last this time Jeff/herkyfan? Maybe a week or two?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I’m sure you’re proud of all of the money he’s cost the university too with all of the lawsuits. But hey, congrats to you for him getting that position!

Heard Barta was upset that there are no women on the committee. He was overheard asking another member, if there are no women members, who is going to get my coffee?

he’s a class act.

Jan 28, 2020
Heard Barta was upset that there are no women on the committee. He was overheard asking another member, if there are no women members, who is going to get my coffee?

he’s a class act.

I heard how pissed Pollard was that there aren’t any high school basketball officials on the Basketball Tournament selection committee to toss him out of the room when he doesn’t get his way.

“It’s Not Fair”. From Mr. Class himself.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I heard how pissed Pollard was that there aren’t any high school basketball officials on the Basketball Tournament selection committee to toss him out of the room when he doesn’t get his way.

“It’s Not Fair”. From Mr. Class himself.

Good one Jeff, lets not let that one die. How about freerents son living in rent controlled housing and using his housing check from the university for beers and girls. Freerents covering up rape by his players by sending in players to move into the room where it occurred to make sure no DNA could be gathered.
Or Mad Fran slamming a chair on the floor and getting suspended for a couple of games, good times to remember.

Telling you the U of I is a pillar of integrity.

• Agree
Reactions: ATCy
Jan 28, 2020
Good one Jeff, lets not let that one die. How about freerents son living in rent controlled housing and using his housing check from the university for beers and girls. Freerents covering up rape by his players by sending in players to move into the room where it occurred to make sure no DNA could be gathered.
Or Mad Fran slamming a chair on the floor and getting suspended for a couple of games, good times to remember.

Telling you the U of I is a pillar of integrity.

Does anyone other than isu fans know KF covered up a rape? Maybe you should insist that the BOR take up an investigation and demand the Johnson County Attorney bring up charges. Talk with CyTwins he is on this kick already. Hey clone fans can always boycott the BOR or something to get their demands heard.

Is Pollard still screaming “it’s not fair” and accusing the Big 12 of conspiring against poor little bro isu?

Mr. Class all the way. He fits isu though. He deserves a statue.

• Informative
Reactions: Frak

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
The really sad part of this is the blame should be on the people who were committing the assaults. Instead ISU fans have tried to blame the victims of the assault. I'm not sure why, as it is easy to see the only reason the band was where it was when it was is because of the unique situations of the game. I'm sure if the field didn't get piss pounded with rain all day the ISU facilities director doesn't care if the band hangs out on the field while waiting for the crowds to dissipate. Instead he is rightfully frustrated and stressed out from the the day he just had trying to care for the field and does something he was embarrassed and ashamed of and shouted and cursed at the Iowa band director to get the **** off the field. The band director did as he was told, and we are where we are.

The band was put into a bad spot, and fans that were frustrated by a bad day had a few bad apples that behaved in a horrible manner. Why don't we blame them? Why does this become a "the band deserved it" thing? While the ISU facilities director acted horribly, I don't hold him responsible for what happened to the band, that is on the people who committed the assault, nobody else.

The only assaulting being done was by your band video shows that.

Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Does anyone other than isu fans know KF covered up a rape? Maybe you should insist that the BOR take up an investigation and demand the Johnson County Attorney bring up charges. Talk with CyTwins he is on this kick already. Hey clone fans can always boycott the BOR or something to get their demands heard.

Is Pollard still screaming “it’s not fair” and accusing the Big 12 of conspiring against poor little bro isu?

Mr. Class all the way. He fits isu though. He deserves a statue.

Jeff/herkyfan we both know what happened, it was all covered up. Remember how you liked to talk about how Fred had an in with the Ames police, so none of his players were charged with noise violations, same thing here, just like it was with Fry for years.
My favorite one was when the Iowa basketball coach covered up rape by one of his players, attacked the girl, and then allowed the player to spend his year of being ineligible, redshirting, only to rape the girl again, and finally end up in prison. What was his name Pierre something. Or how your current coach signed a player that was convicted and serve time for armed robbery, was given a scholarship from Iowa, and then the kid made a pass at a coed of a large booster at a bar and was booted from the team before school had even started, and how Iowa fans claimed that since he was not actually in school yet, it did not matter.

I am telling ya, the U of I athletic department is just oozing integrity.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
Don’t forget Iowa’s play by play guy being suspended for being racist towards other players WHILE ALSO insulting the players on his own team! Barta is a great administrator!!

• Winner
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009

So then does Pollard get similar credit for being on the MBB selection committee? Probably not I'd guess. In reality, both are more career longevity awards than anything. You stay as a P5 AD long enough and you'll be on one of these committees.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron