Iowa's president seems to threaten future of Cy-Hawk game

End the Iowa Series?

• Yes

Votes: 189 38.9%
  • No

Votes: 297 61.1%

• Total voters
Jan 28, 2020
Why were they on the field to begin with? There is plenty of room between the field and the stands to get in line, if they need to and march straight east, up the ramp and out of the stadium. There was no need for them to be on the field at all.
Then to march across the field after setting up all the way over to the west side, once there see the crowd, and attempt to march through them is crazy.
The crowd because of construction on the west side was shoulder to shoulder, why did the Iowa band director not take them back out the east side, the same side that the Iowa football team left the stadium? Why did he not wait for the crowd to thin out before marching his band and their 200 members out the west gate?
This just smacks of Iowa arrogance, and then to top it off, they are playing the Iowa fight song as they do it. Into a crowd that had been inside the stadium 5 hours and just lost to their instate rival. The band director here was at fault from his decisions as much as anybody. But no one has said a word about that from the U of I.

Clone fans can’t be held accountable for their actions when they lose to big brother and the Marching Band has the audacity to play the fight song.

• Dumb
Reactions: Cycho1
Jan 28, 2020
In that same letter, Bush noted that after the verbal altercation with the ISU facilities director, his belief was that taking the exit closes to the band buses "seemed like the safest route at the time. Had the ISU Director of Facilities and Grounds not angrily kicked us off the field post-game, I would have chosen to allow the HMB to remain on the field much longer to let more of the crowd dissipate."

No this can’t stand, clone fans know better the letter is a lie. There is no evidence of prior incidents from the isu fan base that would leave a rational person to believe this could possibly occur.

Well as long as violence against the KU team Bus, a donor going after Bill self and Racial Slurs hurled at the Iowa Cheerleaders are ignored.

isu is all class just ask them.

• Dumb

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Why were they on the field to begin with? There is plenty of room between the field and the stands to get in line, if they need to and march straight east, up the ramp and out of the stadium. There was no need for them to be on the field at all.
Then to march across the field after setting up all the way over to the west side, once there see the crowd, and attempt to march through them is crazy.
The crowd because of construction on the west side was shoulder to shoulder, why did the Iowa band director not take them back out the east side, the same side that the Iowa football team left the stadium? Why did he not wait for the crowd to thin out before marching his band and their 200 members out the west gate?
This just smacks of Iowa arrogance, and then to top it off, they are playing the Iowa fight song as they do it. Into a crowd that had been inside the stadium 5 hours and just lost to their instate rival. The band director here was at fault from his decisions as much as anybody. But no one has said a word about that from the U of I.

The really sad part of this is the blame should be on the people who were committing the assaults. Instead ISU fans have tried to blame the victims of the assault. I'm not sure why, as it is easy to see the only reason the band was where it was when it was is because of the unique situations of the game. I'm sure if the field didn't get piss pounded with rain all day the ISU facilities director doesn't care if the band hangs out on the field while waiting for the crowds to dissipate. Instead he is rightfully frustrated and stressed out from the the day he just had trying to care for the field and does something he was embarrassed and ashamed of and shouted and cursed at the Iowa band director to get the **** off the field. The band director did as he was told, and we are where we are.

The band was put into a bad spot, and fans that were frustrated by a bad day had a few bad apples that behaved in a horrible manner. Why don't we blame them? Why does this become a "the band deserved it" thing? While the ISU facilities director acted horribly, I don't hold him responsible for what happened to the band, that is on the people who committed the assault, nobody else.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
The really sad part of this is the blame should be on the people who were committing the assaults. Instead ISU fans have tried to blame the victims of the assault. I'm not sure why, as it is easy to see the only reason the band was where it was when it was is because of the unique situations of the game. I'm sure if the field didn't get piss pounded with rain all day the ISU facilities director doesn't care if the band hangs out on the field while waiting for the crowds to dissipate. Instead he is rightfully frustrated and stressed out from the the day he just had trying to care for the field and does something he was embarrassed and ashamed of and shouted and cursed at the Iowa band director to get the **** off the field. The band director did as he was told, and we are where we are.

The band was put into a bad spot, and fans that were frustrated by a bad day had a few bad apples that behaved in a horrible manner. Why don't we blame them? Why does this become a "the band deserved it" thing? While the ISU facilities director acted horribly, I don't hold him responsible for what happened to the band, that is on the people who committed the assault, nobody else.

Iowa State was the victim here

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines

The only victims of assault were those walking out of JTS having to hear the bloody Iowa fight song ring in their ears.

With morons like this continuing to allege the grand hoax, itll be a wonder if Iowa State fans make it out of Iowa City unharmed this fall.

Jan 28, 2020
The only victims of assault were those walking out of JTS having to hear the bloody Iowa fight song ring in their ears.

With morons like this continuing to allege the grand hoax, itll be a wonder if Iowa State fans make it out of Iowa City unharmed this fall.

Oh look another clone fan that refuses to believe the band could have been assaulted by isu fans. Where you one of the people who threatened the KU team bus or are you the donor who went after Bill Self?

Do tell us how these things really didn’t happen and isu fans couldn’t possibly act as they have been described.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013

You are correct, and while ramming through a crowd of people using a ladder as a barricade and swinging large brass instruments probably does warrant charges, I think it's best that this just ends.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018

You are correct, and while ramming through a crowd of people using a ladder as a barricade and swinging large brass instruments probably does warrant charges, I think it's best that this just ends.

My bad. I was expecting reasonable people, and this isn't the place to find a reasonable ISU fan.

• Dumb

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Victim blaming at it's finest. Go back to your cave.

Yes you've told me to go back to some cave 4 times already.

There were no witnesses outside of the Iowa band that corroborate their story, video evidence proves nothing happened, the cops with the band saw or heard nothing happened, no sexual assault claim filed.

Now couple that with the circus of Barta making a fool of himself with the incident at JTS in 2011 and you have yourself a classic case of the little twat that cried wolf.

I didnt think we'd have to be explaining this again after it was stated by Ames PD, Campus police and ISU that nothing of the sort was found, but you've made it quite clear that you're someone who has less brain function than that of an individual afflicted with CTE.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
I can’t imagine how triggered isu fans are after losing 5 straight to Iowa in football, 4 in a row in women’s basketball, 3 of 4 in men’s basketball and 55 of 59 in wrestling. Check that I can imagine it just read this site.
Just wait five years from now after we flip the script. Permanently.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
I refuse to go to Iowa City. It's bad enough to drive by on I-80.

Its actually my guilty pleasure. Love the bar scene and I have a friend who graduated from there that is a blast to go out with. He actually went to the bowl game with me and was wearing Iowa State gear the last time I saw him. Doing the lord's work over here converting those less fortunate.

• Optimistic
Reactions: aauummm and wxman1

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
My bad. I was expecting reasonable people, and this isn't the place to find a reasonable ISU fan.

I'm not doubting there was some sort of physical altercation - pushing and shoving by ISU fans in the crowd. However, it is pretty much consensus, even from the Iowa people that the band pushed through a crowd of people with nowhere to go trying to leave the game, playing and swinging instruments and using a ladder as something of a barricade.

So, if you are tailgating and I ram through your crowd of friends, swinging lawnchairs and you shove me out of the way and I fall and get hurt, do you think you should get charged with assault?

And what level of stupid does someone need to be to call the idea of band members getting pushed "victim blaming." This isn't like a group minding their own business or even instigating something verbally. This is a group with instruments and a ladder forcing their way through a crowd of people that can't really go anywhere, including parents with small kids. Anybody reasonable can see the difference.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
So the ISU facilities director is cursing at the Iowa band director to get the **** off the field and it is Iowa's band director's fault for doing as directed? The Iowa band director wanted to stay on the field to as to avoid any issues and let the crowd clean, and the ISU facilities director wouldn't let them. https://www.press-citizen.com/story...logy-university-iowa-cy-hawk-game/3851176002/

"I want to apologize for being completely out of character," said Tim VanLoo, ISU director of facilities and grounds. "The man you saw is not who I am, nor is it the way I want to represent ISU. I let my challenging day effect how I treated you and your band members. Again, I am sorry for the way I acted and treated you."

In that same letter, Bush noted that after the verbal altercation with the ISU facilities director, his belief was that taking the exit closes to the band buses "seemed like the safest route at the time. Had the ISU Director of Facilities and Grounds not angrily kicked us off the field post-game, I would have chosen to allow the HMB to remain on the field much longer to let more of the crowd dissipate."

Maybe if people just treated people better these things wouldn't happen. I'm sure the ISU band has been treated poorly at Iowa as well. I don't excuse Hawk fans for that, or accuse ISU band member of lying about what Pollard says they have endured at Iowa. Why do so many ISU fans feel that the victims of bad behavior should be vilified? It is pathetic really.
This is simply covering his ass for a bad decision. You can clearly see that the band buses are front to back in front of the Olson Building. They are just as close to Gate 1 (you know the gate already cleared of public traffic) as they are to Gate 5.

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm and Cycho1

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Between Band-Gate 2019, The Hilton Alley Massacre, and the infamous locker room theft it really just shows how obsessed the U of I leaderships is with Iowa State. I mean I get it that it's tough to swallow that Moo U is the States flagship university but holy F*** Iowa is a PR disaster.