Iowa's football schedule

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
A lot of whining in todays CR Gazette about how much air travel fans will need to see the Hawkeyes in 2024, what with only two road games within six hour driving distance …

Um, guys? You start adding New Jersey and California schools to your “Midwestern” conference, this is what you get. You can’t have it both ways, with a geographically compact alliance of schools with similar philosophies AND a profit-centered corporate behemoth bent on accumulating as much TV money as humanly possible.

The Gazette is also whining about how much tougher Iowa‘s path to the B1G championship will be when divisions go away in 2024 - a tacit admission that the West is soft.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
A lot of whining in todays CR Gazette about how much air travel fans will need to see the Hawkeyes in 2024, what with only two road games within six hour driving distance …

Um, guys? You start adding New Jersey and California schools to your “Midwestern” conference, this is what you get. You can’t have it both ways, with a geographically compact alliance of schools with similar philosophies AND a profit-centered corporate behemoth bent on accumulating as much TV money as humanly possible.

The Gazette is also whining about how much tougher Iowa‘s path to the B1G championship will be when divisions go away in 2024 - a tacit admission that the West is soft.

They're bringing Haydenism to the super conference and we're here for it.

Bake in those excuses early.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
They've played every year since 1909 and like 120 times overall.

I guarantee Minnesota considers Iowa a big rival.

I actually really like what the Big Ten did with this model. It protects history without going too far, ensures flexibility if a program moves up/down rapidly and makes sure you see every team in the league on a fairly regular basis. Hopefully the Big 12 follows that plan.

History went out of the fu***** window when The B1G decided to raid conferences. They can take history and their stupid rivalry trophies and f*** right off.

Last edited:

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
As forced as Nebraska and Iowa was to start... I see more bad blood on Twitter and via group chats for Nebraska than Wisconsin..

ALL of my Minnesota friends that went to ISU with me don't care about the Iowa versus Minnesota game.. But they all watch Wisconsin

Iowa fans love to beat their chests at Nebraska but refuse to acknowledge that Nebby is a fraction of what they used to be. Iowa has dominated the series against a terrible team but they love to pretend like they are beating Osborne era squads.

Last edited:

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Yeah, they are mad that frost complained about the Iowa defense simulating the snap, then Iowa was getting called for it the next season in games. So you know it was going on.

Yep I can't stand Frost but he was the first one to have the balls to call Iowa out on it. He wasn't wrong.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY and VeloClone

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

God, it’s always unreal how much that fan base needs their asses pampered.

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
This is a fake schedule right?
No, that was their schedule before the new one was announced yesterday. Once again Iowa State was due to be their toughest game regardless of how good the Clones would be. In 2015 the game in Ames vs an eventual 3-9 ISU team was Iowa’s toughest game aside from at Wisconsin, and the Badgers have regressed a lot since then.

• Haha
Reactions: 1776

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Yeah, they are mad that frost complained about the Iowa defense simulating the snap, then Iowa was getting called for it the next season in games. So you know it was going on.
I can’t stand Frost but there was video evidence of hok assistants doing exactly what he claimed. Kurt feigning indignation was just BAU for hm.

Reactions: VeloClone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I can’t stand Frost but there was video evidence of hok assistants doing exactly what he claimed. Kurt feigning indignation was just BAU for hm.
It is a call that should be made more often. I remember seeing defenders of more than one team congratulating each other after feigning the snap count and drawing an ISU penalty. Maybe don't call it if nobody moves and just issue a warning but if the offense is fooled by it you have to call one of the two penalties and it should be on the defense.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Video evidence means nothing to hawk fans.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
In the last 38 games against ISU Iowa is 27-11, clearly a rivalry.

Here they come.

Interesting choice for number of seasons.

Bucky fans really don't care much about Iowa but 3-8 over the last decade + is pretty uninteresting.

Reactions: CyPunch

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron