Iowa's football schedule

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
I think with this SEC "super conference" there could be more of that going forward.
Absolutely, I hate the SEC but it’s a meat grinder.

Look at LSU…they just fired a coach that won a national title a couple years back

BigTurk

Dec 17, 2013
If we played their schedule though we sure as hell would be. We would likely run the table with that joke of a schedule.

This again? Dear god 'Clones need to stop with this already. And I hate Iowa as much as the next guy, but the truth is ISU will never know because ISU doesn't play Iowa's schedule and vice-versa.

I do believe any reasonable Iowa fans knows they didn't play murderers row, but they can only play the teams on their schedule and nothing more.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Cyclones1969

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Absolutely, I hate the SEC but it’s a meat grinder.

Look at LSU…they just fired a coach that won a national title a couple years back
I'm sure there will always be the desire to get to the top, make the most money, get the best athletes but there's a lot to be said about winning 8-9 games a year at ISU, IA, VaTech, Utah, etc.

JD4560

Nov 12, 2015
No? Why would they hand out a participation trophy for winning a conference title?
You mean like Iowa getting a Co - West division champs trophy before Wisconsin lost to Minnesota ? That kind of participation trophy? Now granted it fixed itself but if Wisconsin won and Iowa didn't go to the championship there is no way that you can be a co champ when you get blown out by the winner. But hey they made it. Now go try not to get blown out.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
You mean like Iowa getting a Co - West division champs trophy before Wisconsin lost to Minnesota ? That kind of participation trophy? Now granted it fixed itself but if Wisconsin won and Iowa didn't go to the championship there is no way that you can be a co champ when you get blown out by the winner. But hey they made it. Now go try not to get blown out.

Every league on earth does that.

The constant obsession with Iowa's schedule is really weird. Are they supposed to go out and singlehandedly invite teams to the Big Ten or what? Ask to do all the league scheduling?

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011

The constant obsession with Iowa's schedule is really weird. Are they supposed to go out and singlehandedly invite teams to the Big Ten or what? Ask to do all the league scheduling?
No just have an inkling of perspective

Reactions: 1UNI2ISU

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013

The Hawks schedule comes up when the Clones tank. It’s a coping mechanism.

• Disagree
  • Winner
Reactions: CyTwins and iahawks

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
This again? Dear god 'Clones need to stop with this already. And I hate Iowa as much as the next guy, but the truth is ISU will never know because ISU doesn't play Iowa's schedule and vice-versa.

I do believe any reasonable Iowa fans knows they didn't play murderers row, but they can only play the teams on their schedule and nothing more.

The first part is absolutely correct

the second part, not sure. They were on here trying to build up those terrible teams like they were complete garbage.

that’s why I kept telling gohawks to take their gift and quit trying to rationalize the break you got.

it also probably the memory of the last time they played such a bad schedule, got mad for the media making fun of them, and then got embarrassed by Stanford

JD4560

Nov 12, 2015

What? I didn't say anything about the overall schedule of Iowa unless you can't read. I just thought it was odd that they had a Co Champ trophy already with Wisconsin and Minnesota still playing. If Wisconsin won then Iowa is a Co Champ with a team they lost head to head to doesn't seem logical. But it didn't end up mattering.

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
I’m thinking if he was still winning at a high rate that stuff would have been buried….but who knows. It’s the SEC after all

He didn’t lose his job just because he lost games, or just because acted like a clown off the field.

he lost his job because he did both.

• Informative
Reactions: dexterhawk

Help Support Us

Become a patron