Iowa's football schedule

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Iowa is in control of how they schedule the non conference but they are not in control of

A. Being in the Big Ten West
B. Who they play for a Big Ten Schedule.
How about going to the conference and telling them they would like playing Ohio State and Michigan more often that once or twice every 6 to 8 years? The worst the conference can say is no!

But we both know that is never going to happen, EIU fans may ***** about missing the best in the East, but they also know that it's their path to 9 and 10 win seasons.

Reactions: davegilbertson

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
The north division was certainly not good.

Was the B1G good the years Iowa won conference titles with 8 wins?

Anyway, main point: the 'Welcome to the B1G' mantra for Nebraska's arrival was just more B1G fan circle jerk without seeing beyond the conference.

Iowa had 11 and 10 wins when it won B1G titles. And yeah, the B1G was really good, tOSU won the national title one of those years.

Reactions: Kirby75

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I can’t even imagine this place if Iowa somehow wins on Saturday.
Yeah, you guys will flood here immediately. You guys need our validation for some odd reason. When we do well I don’t run to HR, don’t go there ever anyhow, so I do t understand this obsession Iowa fans have with ISU.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Yeah, you guys will flood here immediately. You guys need our validation for some odd reason. When we do well I don’t run to HR, don’t go there ever anyhow, so I do t understand this obsession Iowa fans have with ISU.
Do any Iowa State fans even post on HR or 247?

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
LOL

Iowa Wisconsin Minnesota Purdue all are better.
BIG WEST schedule is what some would call a slump buster.

This isn't hard. ISU for years has been neck and neck with Iowa even when ISU was pretty atrocious. Then Iowa gets to have historic seasons after they play ISU by playing in a laughable division.

That's always been the argument.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Yeah but Iowa's a destination coaching job for HCs, not a stepping stone.
Really, because you hired Fry that was too old to move on, and have been over paying Freerents for years, why would he leave? This idea that EIU is a destination job and every coach in the US would be fighting over it is only in the delusional EIU fans mind.

It's a good job because it pays well, great bonuses, like winning 8 games gets you $500,000 a year, but winning the conference or the division only gets you $100,000 and $200.000 bonus, now that is a sweet heart deal. and there are little to no pressure to win conference titles, if you think not, then you need to look at your own boards, plenty of EIU fans would like to see a change.