Iowa State Makes The Onion

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
My guess is they chose ISU becuase they aren't dumb and know that ISU fans flock to any ISU related post haha. 10 bucks that ISU was selected out of a group of fan bases that is vocal on social media, and won out because it was just "small" enough for people to find it “believable haha

Last edited:

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Lol, probably written by an ISU student or alum. This could have been written 10 years ago and been just as in point

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Funny thing is ISU while maybe not a diversity icon (Full disclosure don't know the #'s too lazy to look up) It is waaaay more diverse than it was in the early 80's. It's the onion so it really doesn't matter but I didn't think it was all that funny.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Yeah, I was confused if I missed ISU being in the news for something like this or if it was random.

I think random but it's still really boring no matter the school.

Time for thread derail--what about ISU would a good onion article be about?

Chapanye

Apr 11, 2012
Undisclosed
Kinda stupid but honestly at what point does ISU get too big? In-state kids deserve opportunities, no doubt, and I know that the out-of-state kids are worth more in tuition but I can't help but think that there is a certain point at which kids who would have been more than fine 15-20 years ago can definitely get lost in the shuffle