Iowa hate thread

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
I'm not in the state anymore but I have noticed that there are a lot more twitter trolls replying directly to official ISU twitter accounts ...
I will never understand this. I don't go over to Hawkeye Nation and troll, I don't go on Beth Goetz Twitter page and troll. People who go to a "rival's" Twitter account or fan's site to troll are pathetic losers who think what they are smart and funny

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Pretending to be the champion of women's sports with CC when the ink hasn't dried yet on the checks they were forced to write for violating the civil rights of several female coaches. Oh also a couple women's teams they tried to shut down (so MFHFCKF could get some more cash) and got sued and also had to write checks for that.

Can't believe some enterprising young reporter nationally hasn't brought up the "dark side" to the whole Iowa women's sports thing.
MFCRVTDF (Moon Family Civil Rights Violation Trial Defense Fund)

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I don't hate Iowa like I used to. I moved to far NE IA in 2012 from the Des Moines area, and frankly it's like living in a different state altogether on a lot of fronts. There are all sorts of typical "Iowa" things that just don't even exist up here, and seething Cy-Hawk hate is one of them. Yeah, everyone is an Iowa or ISU fan, but there's so much less toxicity. My Iowa friends don't **** talk ISU at all, and generally watch them approvingly. I never hear "clowns", "Lames", or people clinging to "but the Big 10 makes so much more money". Yeah, they want Iowa to kick our ass, but outside of that it's very friendly. If you're in a bar and ask to put the ISU game on, they do it. I just don't have the kind of interactions in my daily life that drive a hatred of Iowa.

Twitter and message boards are as bad as ever, and when I'm in central Iowa, or eastern Iowa to the south I pick up on more CyHawk toxicity, but I just don't deal with enough Iowa bull **** anymore to get the later going.

It does annoy me that they can play so terribly on one side of the ball, and due to their **** schedule the opponent just hands over mistake after mistake after mistake, but some of that is sour grapes because that hardly ever happens to us. Iowa gets like 5 of our 2009 Nebraska games in any given season.
I used to not hate Iowa. Now that I've moved to Minnesota and realize how many fanbases have horrible experiences with Iowa fans I dislike Iowa a lot more. It's really amazing how many times I've told people that I went to Iowa State and heard, "Thank god you didn't go to Iowa. They act like jerks."

OwenTLK07

May 13, 2024
I don't hate Iowa like I used to. I moved to far NE IA in 2012 from the Des Moines area, and frankly it's like living in a different state altogether on a lot of fronts. There are all sorts of typical "Iowa" things that just don't even exist up here, and seething Cy-Hawk hate is one of them. Yeah, everyone is an Iowa or ISU fan, but there's so much less toxicity. My Iowa friends don't **** talk ISU at all, and generally watch them approvingly. I never hear "clowns", "Lames", or people clinging to "but the Big 10 makes so much more money". Yeah, they want Iowa to kick our ass, but outside of that it's very friendly. If you're in a bar and ask to put the ISU game on, they do it. I just don't have the kind of interactions in my daily life that drive a hatred of Iowa.

Twitter and message boards are as bad as ever, and when I'm in central Iowa, or eastern Iowa to the south I pick up on more CyHawk toxicity, but I just don't deal with enough Iowa bull **** anymore to get the later going.

It does annoy me that they can play so terribly on one side of the ball, and due to their **** schedule the opponent just hands over mistake after mistake after mistake, but some of that is sour grapes because that hardly ever happens to us. Iowa gets like 5 of our 2009 Nebraska games in any given season.
I'm not reading all of that

• Dumb
Reactions: SerenityNow

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
hate-hate-hate-yeah.gif

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL

I look at a few groups on FB. I got literally 100's of CC posts in my feed. Didn't matter how many times I opted out of the source the kept coming fast and furious. Still get a few but it was as if they thought I liked her/Iowa stuff.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I can't stand when people say "it's good for Iowa State if Iowa is good". The **** it is. It helps them in recruiting (especially in-state), gives them more press, helps their NIL, and makes my blood boil. I would literally let myself be castrated on live TV before I'd root for the Hawks in ANYTHING.

Do you think Bama fans root for Auburn because SEC? Do you think Texas A&M fans root for Texas to do anything but fail because they're in-state?

Iowa doing good, does literally nothing good for Iowa State. It gives them attention, it gives them young fans that hadn't yet decided right or wrong, it helps them in recruiting, it helps them in in-state recruiting, it helps them in NIL funding. The list goes on. Not a single one of those things helps Iowa State.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque

I had a fascinatingly different experience growing up in NE Iowa my entire childhood thru senior year of HS, and a couple years of community college. Basically I was 20 before I left the area. The place is a mostly hawkeye t-shirt fan filled cesspool in my humble opinion. Sure there are Cyclone fans but I always felt like we were outnumbered about 9 or 10 to 1 anywhere I went. Wore Cyclone gear to school in middle school and high school and was ridiculed publicly and often. F that place and F NE Iowans who aren't Iowa State fans. F the Iowa State fans in NE Iowa too, because like you said and I agree with, they aren't the toxic type. They are the type of ISU fans that feel the need to apologize to Iowa fans when Iowa State beats them in anything. Give me a ******* break

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I will never understand this. I don't go over to Hawkeye Nation and troll, I don't go on Beth Goetz Twitter page and troll. People who go to a "rival's" Twitter account or fan's site to troll are pathetic losers who think what they are smart and funny
They think Iowa State exists for Iowa fans to ridicule. It's not a school or a community or a big fanbase. It's just a branch of Iowa fandom.. They're the worst.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Much like I think of E-mowers, Iowa can always kiss my arse!! Rant over E-mower battery only lasted about 6 rounds and died. Battery said it was fully charged when I started! :mad::mad:

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I had a fascinatingly different experience growing up in NE Iowa my entire childhood thru senior year of HS, and a couple years of community college. Basically I was 20 before I left the area. The place is a mostly hawkeye t-shirt fan filled cesspool in my humble opinion. Sure there are Cyclone fans but I always felt like we were outnumbered about 9 or 10 to 1 anywhere I went. Wore Cyclone gear to school in middle school and high school and was ridiculed publicly and often. F that place and F NE Iowans who aren't Iowa State fans. F the Iowa State fans in NE Iowa too, because like you said and I agree with, they aren't the toxic type. They are the type of ISU fans that feel the need to apologize to Iowa fans when Iowa State beats them in anything. Give me a ******* break
It’s like 70/30 Iowa to ISU now and that’s being generous to Iowa. And IIRC you were like an hour closer to pretty much anywhere in Iowa than I am now.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
It’s like 70/30 Iowa to ISU now and that’s being generous to Iowa. And IIRC you were like an hour closer to pretty much anywhere in Iowa than I am now.
Yeah I was in Charles City, so right on what I would consider the border of North/Northeast Iowa. Truly a hawkroach infested town that one is.