Iowa Beat Writers

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
What Iowa or ISU players do you know off the court? If Bohannon and Clark played for ISU you'd at worst appreciate their competitiveness and at best love that everyone else hates them
Naw, not really. If Georges threw Ice in a bar at people I would feel the same way that I do about Jordan B.

You are way off base. You don't decide for me how I feel about anyone

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
I was responding to the picture dudebro posted. Clark's annoying. If she was a dude her behavior wouldn't even register
I agree somewhat. There is definitely a double-standard. I don't mind some of the shoulder shrugs and such. It is more about her whining to the refs and doing the "who, me?" every time she gets called for a foul. I do get upset even when men's players whine to the refs as well though. Iowa's men's team was awful about this. Connor especially, but there were others too. In the NCAA tournament game, Sandfort turn directly to the ref and screamed at the ref's face. How Connor got a BIG sportsmanship award when he openly criticized officiating on twitter multiple times is beyond me.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Don't tell Hassel but this is Iowa's 3rd beer. They're catching up! #BeerWars

hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: CyValley

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
I sort of get where you are coming from.

But you know, I can't think of an ISU player -- men's or women's -- I would rate on the same level of being a complete jerk on (and off) the court as any Iowa player.

Don't want to get in an argument with you about it. Iowa fans think Georges was a jerk, so there is that. If he is a jerk, he is a likeable jerk compared to the face-punchable Jordan B.
But Jorblo is a better ice thrower at the bar. You gotta give him that.

• Haha
Reactions: Cyrocks

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
What Iowa or ISU players do you know off the court? If Bohannon and Clark played for ISU you'd at worst appreciate their competitiveness and at best love that everyone else hates them

JBo is a hard no. For recent Iowa players Wieskamp is probably the one I would’ve liked on our team. Maybe Garza if his dad wasn’t a package deal.

Clark at ISU would definitely be different. Would be nice to have that talent, but I also think Bill wouldn’t tolerate the on-court antics as much so that would be removed from the equation.

Reactions: GT25Ump

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Don't tell Hassel but this is Iowa's 3rd beer. They're catching up! #BeerWars

The Hoks missed an opportunity to partner with both Cooper DeJean and the U of I Children's Hospital. They could have created a beer called Amber Waves of Grain - featuring a picture of the wave to the children AND Cooper's invalid fair catch wave.

Last edited:

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
The KXNO afternoon show where I think David Eickholt hosts and Heather/Shawn are regular guests.....

anyways, Eickholt was quite high on his own supply yesterday because he chose to put forth the Brian Ferentz news before it was confirmed.

• Funny
Reactions: Acylum

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron