Should the in-state rival forum show on the front page?

• Total voters

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I voted yes, of course. I find it extremely silly that some think their eyes must be shielded from subjects they aren't interested in. Real life must be awful rough on them.

I don't think it's about "shielding my eyes." More like cleaning up litter in the street.

It is hard to find subjects that might actually be interesting because the front page is cluttered with the same old threads and jokes.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
ISU ending the Iowa game IS moronic. One game each year gets pretty close to sold out. Iowa in odd years, Nebraska in even years. Please explain to me exactly what opponent will generate more $$$$ (the important thing in athletics) than Iowa. Guess what, if we can't beat Iowa, we can't win in the Big XII. Iowa is a very good program, whether you like to admit it or not. If we can't beat Iowa, we aren't going to win many Big XII teams because they'd be arguably the best team in the North recently. Guess what also, in the 70s, we didn't have to contend with the likes of Texas, Texas Tech, Baylor, and Texas A&M.

Disagree. ISU sold the most tickets for a game vs UNI. Like it or not, weather and farming play as big a part in our attendance as anything. Maybe we have too many "fair weather" fans, but that's another matter. In reality, ISU would sell nearly as many tickets for games vs MIN or WIS as they do for iowa.

If I were in charge of scheduling, I'd go the KSU route. Cancel the iowa series for 5 years and bring in the four worst teams you can find. Get the program back on its feet and going to bowl games. Then schedule iowa for every other year...Ames 2016, IC 2018, etc and find other BCS schools to play home and home in the odd years.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
I don't know if it's possible with the forum software but I would love the option to chose whatever I wanted to be on the front page. (if this is an option someone please tell me how to activate it).
While I voted to have the rivals off the front page I would love to have a way for Gaming and the Cave to appear on the front page, but know most would not. I just think it'd be cool if each user could customize it to their own taste.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
While I voted to have the rivals off the front page I would love to have a way for Gaming and the Cave to appear on the front page, but know most would not. I just think it'd be cool if each user could customize it to their own taste.

If you use the "New Posts" button at the bottom of each page it has this stuff apparently.:yes:

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
I voted yes, of course. I find it extremely silly that some think their eyes must be shielded from subjects they aren't interested in. Real life must be awful rough on them.

I find it extremely silly you can't state your opinion without being a jack-arse to others...:no:

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I don't think it's about "shielding my eyes." More like cleaning up litter in the street.

It is hard to find subjects that might actually be interesting because the front page is cluttered with the same old threads and jokes.

I can respect that.

I find it extremely silly you can't state your opinion without being a jack-arse to others...:no:

This.....:nah: Pot meet kettle.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
Not sure why you would want to get rid of. Fact of the matter they are part of the family and we talk about them a lot and they talk about us a lot.

Havs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
Haha 103-103... woah

I'd say keep it up there... its our rivals (in-state and out-of-state) that make discussion on this board fun, enjoyable, and interesting.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
REMOVE IT!!!!!!!!! Let's stop giving hawk trolls a reason to come on CF and start threads that nobody cares about. I don't care who just committed to Iowa, nor do I care who transferred. The only Iowa related news we need to see is who beat the hawks and the police blotter detailing their criminal activities for some laughs.

CylentButDeadly

May 1, 2009
Windsor Heights, IA
REMOVE IT!!!!!!!!! Let's stop giving hawk trolls a reason to come on CF and start threads that nobody cares about. I don't care who just committed to Iowa, nor do I care who transferred. The only Iowa related news we need to see is who beat the hawks and the police blotter detailing their criminal activities for some laughs.

The problem is too many ISU fans do care. A good majority of us don't even open the hawk-related threads, or at least we don't post in them, but there is also a healthy number that go in there to pick fights and in general, just make stupid posts.

Now, I'm not saying that there shouldn't be any hawk-related threads, but like you said, let's try and keep it to one arrest thread, or one injury thread or whatever it may be. Also, if enough people don't post in them or start them, they'll either fall off the main page or never be on it to begin with.

JokersWild

Mar 29, 2006
If I remember correctly, the site was created and billed as a place for Cyclone fans to meet and hang out and talk about anything. But, I agree, I don't need someone coming in and talking Hawkeye stuff. Of course I can just skip over the thread and not read it. But, since everything turns into a flame fest, it stays on the front page forever and I probably miss out on something else. Plus, it is billed as a Cyclone site. I wouldn't want to get a Cyclone magazine in the mail and have it talking about Hawk stuff. So, just let people opt in if they feel like they need to hear about the Hawkeyes.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
It looks like CycloneState78 is wrong yet again. Of the 20 threads on the front page of the in-state forum, 2 were started by Iowa fans. Hell, he even started one.

Interesting that he would then say that Hawk fans should stop starting threads that nobody cares about when A: we don't, and B: he did.

The over/under on when a Cyclone fan starts a "Jewel Hampton - not really hurt" thread is 12 noon.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
This post just illustrates why so many people want hawk threads off the main page. THH, you don't want the threads of the main page because you have an incessant need to be seen and heard.

It looks like CycloneState78 is wrong yet again. Of the 20 threads on the front page of the in-state forum, 2 were started by Iowa fans. Hell, he even started one.

Interesting that he would then say that Hawk fans should stop starting threads that nobody cares about when A: we don't, and B: he did.

The over/under on when a Cyclone fan starts a "Jewel Hampton - not really hurt" thread is 12 noon.

Last edited: