In state recruiting for 2015 class

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
So someone talked a shot at Iowas safeties, and I respond, but I'm to blame. How about the poster who went off topic in the first place?

How about posters just take shots at Iowa and talk about Iowa in the in state rivals threads instead of every thread?

Start a thread about it in ISR you ****ing troll.

deanvogs

Oct 25, 2009
Start a thread about it in ISR you ****ing troll.

Don't be a ******* hypocrite. If Posters wouldn't take shot at Iowa the thread wouldn't go off topic. It be like calling someone a ******* A hole at a bar and then be shocked he stepped to you and said what the F did you just say?

Back on topic, I would love to see Boyle at Iowa as a QB or safety, wherever the coaches think he can help. The Paulsen twins and Newborg would also look great in black and gold

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
Boyle can come in at QB but knows IA. sees him as a Safety.

How good is the Allen kid?

I sure hope you're right and Boyle "knows" Iowa sees him as a safety. If that's really the case I think Iowa will have little chance of getting him.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Cyclones in state recruiting 2015

I'm curious about in state kids with Cyclone leans or wide open recruitment.

Sounds like the Paulsens are UI hard leans...

Don't really give a **** about current UI or ISU players or stats or UI locks, just trying to have a recruiting thread about, you know, ISU.

Any insights? TIA

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
He'd be faster than the flat footed safeties they trot out there now.

Actually.Iowa's had some nice safeties in both the '13 and '14 signing classes--which is why I questioned the statement that they'd want Boyle, who is probably a 4.7 at best, at safety.

However good he proves to be, he does look most at home at quarterback. Kinda looks like Richardson or Rohach, actually.

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
Re: Cyclones in state recruiting 2015

I live in same town as paulsens and think they were isu fans. Sister played marching band at Iowa, and Iowa offered and we haven't so they are leaning that way. Great kids and I hope we offer just because it would be very cool to see kids from my small hometown wearing cardinal and gold. Great wrestlers too so you would think that CPR would be on them but not yet so we'll see.

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008

I live in same town as paulsens and think they were isu fans. . . . Great wrestlers too so you would think that CPR would be on them but not yet so we'll see.

How long have they held offers from the ugheyes, do you know? Wondering if the coaching changes at ISU have delayed such offers going out. Perhaps CPR doesn't want to issue offers this early in the 2015 recruiting year without having the new OL coach have a say? Just speculating about how it might be working. . . .

sunnysideup

Aug 6, 2009
The Metro

Paulsen twins are both good friends with current Iowa OL commit Jacob Newborg as well as several of the 2014 Iowa signees. They have made it no secret on twitter that Iowa is their place to land as they have referred to several of those Iowa commits/signees as future teammates. The recruitniks believe that the twins are waiting for wrestling season to be over with to announce and some even think they have already given Kirk a silent verbal.

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
Actually.Iowa's had some nice safeties in both the '13 and '14 signing classes--which is why I questioned the statement that they'd want Boyle, who is probably a 4.7 at best, at safety.

However good he proves to be, he does look most at home at quarterback. Kinda looks like Richardson or Rohach, actually.

Boyle is not playing safety. Regardless of where he goes, he is going as a QB.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Truly an assumption on my end, but I think maybe the previous offensive coaches didn't think their (Paulsen brothers) build fit the mold. Obviously, they've now recruited the big bodied types with this most recent class and I would think that if the staff is interested, they'll offer soon.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Truly an assumption on my end, but I think maybe the previous offensive coaches didn't think their (Paulsen brothers) build fit the mold. Obviously, they've now recruited the big bodied types with this most recent class and I would think that if the staff is interested, they'll offer soon.
You mean, like Cole Anderson?

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Yes, pick the one of four OL recruits signed that weighs in under 320 pounds in an attempt to make a point that doesn't exist.
Well, either that, or ignore the one of the three high school signees, and pretend that they've changed philosophy entirely. One of the two.

Clearly, they decided to get some bigger guys, but weren't doing that exclusively. What's so hard to grasp?

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
Well, either that, or ignore the one of the three high school signees, and pretend that they've changed philosophy entirely. One of the two.

Clearly, they decided to get some bigger guys, but weren't doing that exclusively. What's so hard to grasp?

Honest question, do you only post in a condescending manner to try and get a response out of someone so you can then re respond in an even more condescending manner? Or is it just that you're an ***? Tia

deanvogs

Oct 25, 2009

Bill Bleil was the one recruiting them, since that is the area he is originally from, and still has family there. I don't know why ISU didn't offer, but I did hear that the Paulsen's really liked Bleil (as he had roots around there).

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
HAHAHA.......if Iowa had flat footed safeties, then ISU just had bad ones.

Iowa #9 in the nation in passing defense: 175 YPG allowed
ISU #79 in the nation in passing defense: 239 YPG allowed
ISU did face 416 passing attempts last year, compared to Iowa facing 395. So ISU faced a whopping 1.75 more passing attempts than Iowa did, yet allowed 64 yards per game more in passing yards

Iowa was 4th in the country in passing plays allowed of 20 yards or more (25 of them).
ISU was #54 allowing 39 plays of 20 + yards on passing plays.

Iowa has a good pass defense because of their line. Their secondary is average at BEST.

Help Support Us

Become a patron